optics help please

couture11

ok got a rock river carbine 223,ive got alot of different things i could do but with each choice obtions change,so do i go with eotech,aimpoint,vortex crossfire,meprolight reflex,im sure the list could go on but those are my main choices for now. so you guys give your 2 cents help me figure out what im gonna do.

I love the Eotech but wanted to try something different for my new build. i want to try hunting at a private property......budget is $800-$1000.

Keep it simple then, deal with any of the established members here and you can stretch your budget.

I think this Zeiss will do you right. A Warne Skeltonized Cantilever mount would be my first choice for an AR with a heavy scope. I know Buzz personally and he represents his gear accurate.

Zeiss V4 $900

A budget friendly option for a .223 carbine out to 300yds is where I was not too long ago. I chose the Burris RT-6 (1-6x).

t

Big game, 150 to 300rds,,,i would love non illuminated....really don't know what mount and reticle preference... any advice ?
Big game out to 300 yards you could do that with even a duplex reticle with a 200 yard zero. I prefer a mil based reticle and establish my drops on the reticle or dial. But out to 300 yards you could easily just hold over. With a 800-100 dollar budget you could get some decent glass.

Big game out to 300 yards you could do that with even a duplex reticle with a 200 yard zero. I prefer a mil based reticle and establish my drops on the reticle or dial. But out to 300 yards you could easily just hold over. With a 800-100 dollar budget you could get some decent glass.
thanks

I did a Vortrex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 FFP in a Vortex cantilever mount on one of my ARs. I like it so far, I normally use red dots/ EOTechs so this was a rare 1x scope for me but the FFP got me to bite.

It's got one of those "in theory" reticles that in theory will do holdovers, but since they're cleanly labeled '4', '5', and '6' I did the math on my real loads and have a dope card of 3 = 265yd, 4 = 325yd, etc, same with the wind dots. I'm not shooting anything smaller than full-to-half-size IPSCs with it though, the grid is pretty good sized for those sizes of targets.

$750 all in with the mount.

I did a Vortrex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 FFP in a Vortex cantilever mount on one of my ARs. I like it so far, I normally use red dots/ EOTechs so this was a rare 1x scope for me but the FFP got me to bite.

It's got one of those "in theory" reticles that in theory will do holdovers, but since they're cleanly labeled '4', '5', and '6' I did the math on my real loads and have a dope card of 3 = 265yd, 4 = 325yd, etc, same with the wind dots. I'm not shooting anything smaller than full-to-half-size IPSCs with it though, the grid is pretty good sized for those sizes of targets.

$750 all in with the mount.
Thanks