one of our better nights

rifleshooter

hunting003Small.jpg
this is one of our better nights on the lamp,the rifle is the old remi 700 which has now been replaced with the ackley

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

.........no coyotes in Great Britain. When and where were you hunting.

Bob
no no coyotes but there was once talk of reintroducing the wolf to parts of scotland these fox's were shot in scotland august last year,we have had upto eight in a night further north east of us unfortunatley we have to travel to get results like these

gamedog i would say 90% of the fox's shot are shot at night using the lightforce lamp,i have a hand held and a rifle mounted lamp's ,when shooting with my buddy we take it in turns to shoot and lamp me shooting one area then my buddy shooting another we most of the time shoot from the 4x4's when a fox is spoted we stop and whoever is shooting gets ready with the rifle set up on the bonnet while the other lamps and if need be we use the calls,both electronic and mouth this will either bring them in or stop them long enough for the shot,areas where driving is not possible we use the calls extensivley we call ,wait for a while then call again if nothing shows we move on a little and repeat, we have brought fox's as close as 20 or so yards to us ,there are times when the call is of no intrest but holds them long enough for the shot,the hardest times are when loan shooting using the 223 ackley with the lamp mounted to the scope carrying a battery is quite hard work,of course the chamber is empty while swinging the rifle about,this is when i use the mouth call mostly,i have had nights where i have shot four fox's when alone and it is realy hard work on some of the ground, another meathod i like is to visit an area a few hours before dark where you know a fox will be laid up ,find a good spot and wait for the fox to show this is especialy good for lamp shy fox's or areas where lamping would not be safe,or early morning also produces quite well but without a doubt the lamp is the most efective

I didn't know y'all could call predators at night!!

There is nothing like picking up those eyes coming in........

Those foxes look prime!!

Bob

Here is my partner's night calling rig.

bcdougstruck.jpg

This is SHOOTER up in the high rack.

dougtruck.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.