Whacked one last night.

Ohlongarm

Over a bait @110 yards with the 22 Hornet 35 grain Hornady V-max,used the new Digex night vision scope by Pulsar.This dog spun about twice,and I retrieved him this morning in a good way,nice and stiff. The little hornet still stings,need to take another soon with the 17WSM.
yote.jpg

Ohlongarm , do you use a cord around their neck to drag them out . I made one using a 48 inch boot lace and a 3 inch long piece of 1/2" sch 40 pvc pipe and a double ferrule for a 3/32 cable snare . keeps the fleas at a distance . I drilled a hole in the middle of the pipe , pushed the boot lace through and tied a knot in it . Then I ran the lace through the ferrule , then back through it to form a slip loop and tied a knot in the end . I slip the loop over the nose and upper canines and they drag with the lay of the fur . I did this as I had to show the carcass all year long to get paid as they paid me per coyote .

Here's one I shot at 320 yards with a 6.5CM 127gr Barnes LRX non-lead. It blew him wide open. Maybe the mange helped that too. Not sure. However, most of the Hornady 143gr go right through them without much damage and keep them intact. I found the all copper rounds do serious ripping damage unlike other hunting rounds.

Attachments

• 4A0C738B-2919-4565-84E4-2C1A63EAC015.jpeg
    4A0C738B-2919-4565-84E4-2C1A63EAC015.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 142
Over a bait @110 yards with the 22 Hornet 35 grain Hornady V-max,used the new Digex night vision scope by Pulsar.This dog spun about twice,and I retrieved him this morning in a good way,nice and stiff. The little hornet still stings,need to take another soon with the 17WSM

excellent job sir!
Johnny

Ohlongarm , do you use a cord around their neck to drag them out . I made one using a 48 inch boot lace and a 3 inch long piece of 1/2" sch 40 pvc pipe and a double ferrule for a 3/32 cable snare . keeps the fleas at a distance . I drilled a hole in the middle of the pipe , pushed the boot lace through and tied a knot in it . Then I ran the lace through the ferrule , then back through it to form a slip loop and tied a knot in the end . I slip the loop over the nose and upper canines and they drag with the lay of the fur . I did this as I had to show the carcass all year long to get paid as they paid me per coyote .
Generally an old dog leash choker chain,drag em behind atv usually to the buzzard feeding station about 400 yards from my bait stations. If off my property I ask the landowner where I can dump em,in winter when they're prime about 75% are easily given away or sold,eastern coyotes don't bring much as far as fur .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts