One hole satterlee

Seabeeken

Did a satterlee test today with my 250AI and the 81 gr Shock Hammer over LT-32. The spread was 39.3 - 41.1 gr and even with that the rounds went into a ragged hole. This is a first for me. The flier was me. 6 in the hole the 7th was a flier and showed pressure signs so I stopped there.
66542423996__B906E964-9F9B-44A9-92C2-45CB5E1F0224.jpg

Did a satterlee test today with my 250AI and the 81 gr Shock Hammer over LT-32. The spread was 39.3 - 41.1 gr and even with that the rounds went into a ragged hole. This is a first for me. The flier was me. 6 in the hole the 7th was a flier and showed pressure signs so I stopped there.
View attachment 337090
I've had the same thing happen to me only once two years ago when coming up with a Hunting load for my 3006 . 5 shots went into a perfect Cloverleaf but not only that it was already zeroed in my scope I had to touch absolutely nothing I never even chronograph the load because I don't care how fast is going

Not uncommon. This is why I am not overly impressed with tight groups alone. Tight groups and low sd for long range, yes.

I generally like to shoot saterlee at 400-500. When I got my PRC I had a 2" group at 400 with a 150 fps es over 5 different charges. Wound that cartridge shoots everything really well so I'm guessing you are headed down that path too.

All the advice to redo your test at distance is good. I don't test any ammo at 100 yards anymore because results are much easier to interpret at 200. Otherwise you end up with one hole and you can't tell whether following shots went high, low or what.
My 200 yard targets tell me what I want to try at 400. Shooting at 100 is sometimes a waste of ammo with a good rifle because they are almost all one hole and you can't see the difference between the good and the better.