One Clean Rifle 🙌🏼

I wanted to test the single feed McGuires in my mag just because. It crushed all 3 tips with the first shot unfortunately. I had them loaded at max mag length so there wouldn't be any slop, but it still thumped them pretty good.

A quick BC test at 800 yards put them around .33-.34 G7

IMG_0590.jpeg

I wanted to test the single feed McGuires in my mag just because. It crushed all 3 tips with the first shot unfortunately. I had them loaded at max mag length so there wouldn't be any slop, but it still thumped them pretty good.

A quick BC test at 800 yards put them around .33-.34 G7

View attachment 519720
lol oops!!!

Probably could have saved yourself 4 bucks and loaded 1. 😂

I wonder if you seated them a little deeper so there was some room in the box…would that help?

lol oops!!!

Probably could have saved yourself 4 bucks and loaded 1. 😂

I wonder if you seated them a little deeper so there was some room in the box…would that help?
I thought about loading 1 before I loaded 3 actually. But I wanted to have the mag fully compressed like how it would be in the field and see what it did. Price I had to pay for no questions lol.

More room in the mag slaps them even harder in my experience. More inertia before it hits the tip. My 208's are .130 further from the mag wall and it smacks them plenty good lol

I thought about loading 1 before I loaded 3 actually. But I wanted to have the mag fully compressed like how it would be in the field and see what it did. Price I had to pay for no questions lol.

More room in the mag slaps them even harder in my experience. More inertia before it hits the tip. My 208's are .130 further from the mag wall and it smacks them plenty good lol
Are the tips of your eldms getting smacked hard enough to get damaged/deformed?

Are the tips of your eldms getting smacked hard enough to get damaged/deformed?
Yeah. They'll show just the slightest deformation of the tip. I can't see the difference at 1000 yards though. Because I load up a mag full to test them for that reason. Instead of single feeding them.

Why i dont use mags
I've seen the same thing with Wyatt's boxes though.

As a rifle builder, every customer that comes in my shop seems to want a mag box. With these magnum calibers the cartridges take a beating.

The problems are endless..Closed tips on bergers, coal changes, neck tension changes, deformed tips on the Hornady plastic tipped bullets, etc.

I wish more people would try a single shot. The action is stiffer, has more support on the lower lug abutment, and has a lot more bedding surface.

I've seen the same thing with Wyatt's boxes though.

As a rifle builder, every customer that comes in my shop seems to want a mag box. With these magnum calibers the cartridges take a beating.

The problems are endless..Closed tips on bergers, coal changes, neck tension changes, deformed tips on the Hornady plastic tipped bullets, etc.

I wish more people would try a single shot. The action is stiffer, has more support on the lower lug abutment, and has a lot more bedding surface.
A single feed would definitely be the way to go for legit long range killing and consistency. But I just can't personally talk myself into building a system dedicated to it. Even though up close, everything is normally getting smoked in 1 shot. And long range, you normally have ample time for everything.

If I'm loading the mag and not seeing any crazy dispersion at 1000 yards when I shoot 4 consecutive rounds with the ELDM's, I'm okay with having that, and having 4 rounds as fast as I need them at all times for all scenarios. That's just me personally.

If I wanted a dedicated 1000+ only rifle. I see no reason not to do single feed.

Recent Posts