One Clean Rifle šŸ™ŒšŸ¼

That's pretty good given the last adventure you went on with solids. Time to step them back and see if they hold up!
I totally agree. Yeah I'm done with hammers. Their inflated BC's and ridiculous posts lately have had me looking elsewhere. The McGuire guys seem to be very down to earth and humble with answering any questions. I of course have zero affiliation. I just shoot whatever I want lol. But he seems like a good guy with a good product, for a copper bullet.

I totally agree. Yeah I'm done with hammers. Their inflated BC's and ridiculous posts lately have had me looking elsewhere. The McGuire guys seem to be very down to earth and humble with answering any questions. I of course have zero affiliation. I just shoot whatever I want lol. But he seems like a good guy with a good product, for a copper bullet.
Are you shooting the magazine version or single? Curious to hear more about their BC. No reason to shoot a copper outside of california, but that's a good looking bullet.

Are you shooting the magazine version or single? Curious to hear more about their BC. No reason to shoot a copper outside of california, but that's a good looking bullet.
These are the single feed style. But I'm going to put them in a mag and see if they get any damage.

I know the tips of the ELDMs get slapped pretty hard in there sometimes

These are the single feed style. But I'm going to put them in a mag and see if they get any damage.

I know the tips of the ELDMs get slapped pretty hard in there sometimes
Yep. I've seen the same. I'd also be curious to hear if the coal changesā€¦

Do the magazine fed version have a lower BC I assume?

Yep. I've seen the same. I'd also be curious to hear if the coal changesā€¦

Do the magazine fed version have a lower BC I assume?
Supposedly they have identical shapes and BC's. Then only difference is internal with a thicker tip structure, which in turn cause them to not expand down to as low of a velocity as the single feeds.

Yeah I'm sure the COAL changes slightly also. Also why I don't get crazy with load development lol. I don't want a .003 window where a bullet only shoots good in. I just want it decent at any depth šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

Unless you like superior performance on game when used above their expansion minimal velocity ! memtb

Unless you like superior performance on game when used above their expansion minimal velocity ! memtb

Uh huhā€¦

Here's what I likeā€¦

BCs that are TRUE
BCs better than a cotton ball
Long range performance in hunting conditionsā€¦wind for example
Being able to kill when velocities aren't at lightning speeds
Big wound channels
Fast kills
Blood trails
Entrances and exits that aren't shank diameter

I think there are a few other things I like but that's all I can think of at the momentā€¦

Uh huhā€¦

Here's what I likeā€¦

BCs that are TRUE
BCs better than a cotton ball
Long range performance in hunting conditionsā€¦wind for example
Being able to kill when velocities aren't at lightning speeds
Big wound channels
Fast kills
Blood trails
Entrances and exits that aren't shank diameter

I think there are a few other things I like but that's all I can think of at the momentā€¦
I agree with this whole heartedly. Besides the blood trailsā€¦ never needed to use one with a good lead bullet šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

Hey listen, I used to be a big hammer fan and posted multiple threads about how great they were. That's because I loaded them in my rifle and they shot lights out. And not knowing really anything about reloading or killing stuff at the time, I thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. But over time, I came to realize that many bullets shoot great. Including bullets that kill amazing and have TRUE, much higher BC's. Hammers dropped to the bottom extremely fast after doing much more testing and killing.

Hey listen, I used to be a big hammer fan and posted multiple threads about how great they were. That's because I loaded them in my rifle and they shot lights out. And not knowing really anything about reloading or killing stuff at the time, I thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. But over time, I came to realize that many bullets shoot great. Including bullets that kill amazing and have TRUE, much higher BC's. Hammers dropped to the bottom extremely fast after doing much more testing and killing.
So would you say in your experience they don't kill very well, or just that there's a list of bullets that perform better in multiple ways ahead of them?

So would you say in your experience they don't kill very well, or just that there's a list of bullets that perform better in multiple ways ahead of them?
I wouldn't say they don't kill well. But more aligned with your second statement. I just think other bullets kill better, as well as have better ballistics.

I wouldn't say they don't kill well. But more aligned with your second statement. I just think other bullets kill better, as well as have better ballistics.
Unless you got a barrel built to run a solid large enough to get some BC out of it, they're kind of frustrating to use haha. I could see them being useful in a smaller caliber with limited range for sure though. Until one comes out that's beats the 245 Berger in BC I'm going to keep using it šŸ˜‚

Recent Posts