Old Savage Accutrigger. Tips/Tricks to cheaply reduce pull weight?

The regular accutrigger and varmint are the same except for the spring. The varmint spring will get you down to 1.5 pounds. Spring change is all u need.

The target accutrigger(red) is different than the others and is not compatible.

1.5 is plenty low for a hunting rig

The regular accutrigger and varmint are the same except for the spring. The varmint spring will get you down to 1.5 pounds. Spring change is all u need.

The target accutrigger(red) is different than the others and is not compatible.

1.5 is plenty low for a hunting rig
Gun Shack appears to only sell the target spring.

Do you mean the target spring is not compatible with the regular/varmint accutrigger, or do you mean that other trigger parts are not compatible between the target/varmint/regular?

I'm not sure we want a maximum of ≤ 2.5 lbs. My buddy (and myself almost) would consider a 2.5 lb trigger VERY light for a hunting rig. 2lbs would be a no go for certain.

If the target spring from Gun Shack is not capable of near enough 2.5 lbs, then it's actually too light I think.

Gun Shack appears to only sell the target spring.

Do you mean the target spring is not compatible with the regular/varmint accutrigger, or do you mean that other trigger parts are not compatible between the target/varmint/regular?

I'm not sure we want a maximum of ≤ 2.5 lbs. My buddy (and myself almost) would consider a 2.5 lb trigger VERY light for a hunting rig. 2lbs would be a no go for certain.

If the target spring from Gun Shack is not capable of near enough 2.5 lbs, then it's actually too light I think.
They call it by the wrong name. It works, i have an old post with the savage part number. Also, NSS( northern shooting supplies) sells them too

Part number here