Old savage 110 hard bolt pull

I'll do that wen I get back from work nd see what I got...what would be the fix for this?
I know this post is a little old but ----
I had this issue with a second hand Sako L469. Easy lift and a cleaning rod to extract. The rod only had to "bump" the case and it fell out.
On inspection there was a gap between the action cam and the bolt cam.
We wrapped the bolt it a sopping wet towel and carefully built up the bolt cam with a tig welder. Then with a fine file shaped it to give normal "primary" extraction.
No problems since.
Steve.

The case has no pressure signs besides not being able to pull the boltback
I have a newer one and a savage 110 6.5 prc It sticks a little also not to the extent that you're talking about I even took it in to snowy Mountain rifles and have them look at it also I'm at a loss on it also I use 143 ELD X in it Even the factory ones did it so I don't know what to tell you either

I got the rifle back together, and I was able to get the brass out, I polished the chamber and reset the headspace, I was able to shoot factory nd 56.5 57gn imr7977 without issue but the 57.5 gave me a slightly heavy bolt lift and couldn't get the bolt back 1 time. I still think there's a slight issue somewhere but the hot loads aren't helping. Now If I could only get it to shoot worth a sh*$%

I'd double check you shoulder bump and case base size. I had to take a little bit off my shell holder to get the proper jump and a slight bit more case base sizing on the prc.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts