Ok I am not a big fan of the 6.5 Creedmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, people's reactions, just amazing. I don't know whether PRS created the cartridge or the other way around. Really doesn't matter. What matters, in particular along the coast, is it brought a whole new generation of shooters to the game, while hunting has failed to recruit more than it loses. I don't care if a 260 shoots circles around a 6.5, maybe I got that backwards. In any event, I care that I have a choice. I don't care otherwise.

I vote Len bans all 6.5 creedmoor threads. These things just get way out of hand. I normally stay out of them now but every now and then stirring the pot can make for a good time:D

Heck, just ban all haters of progress, innovation, creativity, or something new to choose from in the LR shooting/hunting world, hype or not. That should drain the swamp. :rolleyes:

I vote Len bans all 6.5 creedmoor threads. These things just get way out of hand. I normally stay out of them now but every now and then stirring the pot can make for a good time:D
Nothing wrong with poking a little fun at whatever cartridge you feel is the red headed step child . No need to go further than that. Hell, I think we all are pretty fascinated with all things shooting so don't think anyone really HATES certain cartridges. I don't but i have favorites and less than favorites.

Nothing wrong with poking a little fun at whatever cartridge you feel is the red headed step child . No need to go further than that. Hell, I think we all are pretty fascinated with all things shooting so don't think anyone really HATES certain cartridges. I don't but i have favorites and less than favorites.
I dont dislike any cartridges. I just have favorites as you said. I started shooting the CM way before the supporters ever got involved.

All of us know that there is lots of poking fun at the whole Creed idea,,, its to be expected since 100's if not 1000's of threads keep coming up everyday,,, sometimes 2 to 4 as the train keeps rolling... Ha...

I could care less what the masses think since its just another chunk of coal in the fire.
Purhaps there is some kind of Greatness behind it,,, that's not saying that it's not the perfect gem at other things...

Positives come with negatives depending on what side of the fence your on...

I like the plan old idea of 6.5,,, of course I like everything in larger bore as well as smaller to... The only inherent magic in all firearms is the shooter.......

The Swiss,,, Creed,,, Lapua,,, and my A Square-head are so close that it's like splitting pigs hair,,, in my shooting sports...

I've been lucky to enjoy 20+ years of magnums,,, hopefully I get the same from the mid weight units...

Buy or build gun,,, bring ammo and go kill $4!¥,,, that's what it's all about in my world,,, good times with boots on the ground...

I dont dislike any cartridges. I just have favorites as you said. I started shooting the CM way before the supporters ever got involved.
We'll to each there own. I wasn't dogging out the 6.5 Creedmoor as I own one but also own a .260 so I put one against the other quite often with new bullets and loads. I'm ackleying one of my .260s to see how much I like it. Should be on the heels of my 6.5-284 roughly. Within 75-125 fps anyway.

That was my thoughts. 200 isnt very far. Now get out to 1000+.... now were cooking with gas!

200 yards? I hope you were shooting at really small targets. At 200 theres not much that comes into effect other than just a good shooting rifle and shooter. That has nothing to do with a rifle cartridge. Heck I bet a tuned 30-30 could shoot pretty well at 200 in the right platform!

If you reread my post you will see that
he, the ( 6.5 CM ) shooter challenged me to the 200yd Shootout. I just accepted his challenge with my ( 270 Win. ) The point I was making is that all of the hype about the 6.5 seems to have made some of it's shooter's over confident in it's abilities over many of the tried & true cartridges in it's category.
Apparently this is a touchy subject, relax and take it easy we're all enjoying the Sport of Shooting ...

If you reread my post you will see that
he, the ( 6.5 CM ) shooter challenged me to the 200yd Shootout. I just accepted his challenge with my ( 270 Win. ) The point I was making is that all of the hype about the 6.5 seems to have made some of it's shooter's over confident in it's abilities over many of the tried & true cartridges in it's category.
Apparently this is a touchy subject, relax and take it easy we're all enjoying the Sport of Shooting ...
I dont disagree with that. You were just very smug about out shooting a creedmoor at 200 yards. My point was that at 200 yards that has absolutely nothing to do with the cartridge its self.

Ilike the Creed one of the best shooting rifles i have owned i like fish n with my trophy woman to
42354045_2181120951898576_3017084658513870848_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts