Ok I am not a big fan of the 6.5 Creedmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my .270 Win. & 7mm Rem. Mag. out to the Range the other day and was challenged to a 200yd Shootout against a 6.5 Creed ... after hearing all about this golden boy round ballistics I thought why not let's see what happens, much to the the other shooters disappointment the 270 out shot the 6.5 ... Then I started shooting the 7mm out to the 350yd. waiting for another challenge , no takers oh well maybe next time ... Oh did I say I don't own a 6.5 and it looks like I don't need one. ...

I'd like to nominate this as the dumbest post of the thread.

Everyone wants the creedmoor to fail I don't know why they shoot great and kill well then you get cpl Austin saying this the shooters are a big thing so as ammo and rifles was it 2 factory rifles shooting factory ammo heck I know people that can outshoot other with a 22 at 200 yards
The 6.5 CM has not failed it is a huge success and very good shooter,you will always find bashers out there that say this or that is better,the Creed will kill a deer just as dead as anything else and is a fine long range rifle and it has been noted there is a big selection of bullets and ammo,i don't listen to the bashers they can shoot whatever they wish and so will i,the Creed is one of the best shooting rifles i ever owned.

Comparing 3 different rifles in 3 different calibers at 200yrds with 2 different shooters is a BS post. Posts like that are how threads get ruined.
His opinion didn't ruffle feathers. Your opinion was an insult on an honest opinion of some rifles shot at the range. That's what this forum is about. Shooting, comparing rifles, opinions on different rifles, calibers etc. Not to call another person's post "The dumbest post". That can be kept to yourself so this thread doesn't turn into a mess. Sometimes easier to read and move on.

I had to see what it was all about, my lite rifle is an 06; my heavy is a 577 nitro 3".
So I bought an inexpensive Bergara B14 that had an entry level vortex on it. Broke it in with factory ammo then started loading for it. Getting close, I tweaked it a little. Son of a gun shoots.
I don't hate the cartridge, I think it's a good deer round, my grandson turns 12 in August I'm giving it to him for deer hunting.

Attachments

• BA7F4B72-0D84-44C7-B0C1-B6EC30E1C00E.jpeg
    BA7F4B72-0D84-44C7-B0C1-B6EC30E1C00E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • 17A5144D-4C2A-459E-8989-D7B05E504917.jpeg
    17A5144D-4C2A-459E-8989-D7B05E504917.jpeg
    980.6 KB · Views: 75
The 6.5 CM has not failed it is a huge success and very good shooter,you will always find bashers out there that say this or that is better,the Creed will kill a deer just as dead as anything else and is a fine long range rifle and it has been noted there is a big selection of bullets and ammo,i don't listen to the bashers they can shoot whatever they wish and so will i,the Creed is one of the best shooting rifles i ever owned.
Funny because I think most bashers aren't seriously bashing the cartridge. It's become the norm in the shooting community to harass the Creedmoor guys. I like my 6.5 Creedmoor but prefer my .260 over it. Both shoot equal and I really can't do anything with it that I can't do with the Creedmoor. Just my preference.

I had to see what it was all about, my lite rifle is an 06; my heavy is a 577 nitro 3".
So I bought an inexpensive Bergara B14 that had an entry level vortex on it. Broke it in with factory ammo then started loading for it. Getting close, I tweaked it a little. Son of a gun shoots.
I don't hate the cartridge, I think it's a good deer round, my grandson turns 12 in August I'm giving it to him for deer hunting.
I have a Bergara HMR and by gosh it does shoot,i load 147 grain hornady ELD_M with 38 grains H 4350 its one of the best shooting rifles i have ever owned and by golly it is a good round for deer to.

260 walks circles around the CM, With the added advantage of being able to use plentiful 308 brass. IMO just another market stimulus to increase sales.
How many Short Mags were there again?
Don't buy the hype.

HM

At what point do we quit calling it hype, fad?
It's been around for over a decade, it was probably in development for several years. Its another cartridge to choose. It's built for efficiency, it's efficient in case life, it's efficient in barrel life, gives acceptable velocity with efficient bullets. But everyone already knows that.

It's exactly how BS starts and threads get ruined.
LOL wouldn't want the gem of a thread to get ruined...

260 walks circles around the CM, With the added advantage of being able to use plentiful 308 brass. IMO just another market stimulus to increase sales.
How many Short Mags were there again?
Don't buy the hype.

HM

Short mags haven't peaked yet and they are getting more and more accessible as good brass and wildcats are coming available left and right. With the current tikka revolution they will continue to gain steam.

Buy the hype, buy the old, buy what you want who cares.

Why gun people get in a wad over gun companies making money is beyond me.

It's been around for over a decade, it was probably in development for several years. Its another cartridge to choose. It's built for efficiency, it's efficient in case life, it's efficient in barrel life, gives acceptable velocity with efficient bullets. But everyone already knows that.

It don't get no simpler than that. Those that has so much hatred and are closed-minded will never get passed it and will probably die along with it. :rolleyes:

I agree. the Creedmoor is just a modern case design with advantages over the old 308 case design. That's really why we now have the 6 CM, 22 CM, and now the 257 CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.