Nylon/plastic cleaning brushs ?

ol mike

Do you guys use them?

I read alot of benchrest guys do.
I bought some for my 17 and 22 centerfires and just wondered what you'all think.Wire or nylon ? Thanks Mike

Everyone who uses Coppermelt uses nylon brushes that are small for the caliber and then we wrap a patch around the brush. Otherwise the coppermelt would destroy the bronze brushes. Be sure to keep stainless steel brushes away from your gun.

Any strong copper remover will destroy bronze brushes quickly.

I use either the Montana Extreme or Kleen Bore nylon brushes. Both are hard bristle and I like those better.

You are correct many BR shooters, both short and LR are using the plastic bristle brushes and ME 50 BMG. It not only takes out the copper quickly it also removes the carbon ring in front of the chamber and first couple inches of the throat.

BH

I ordered a 3 pack of nylon brushs from midway today for my 25-06.
I'll be getting it rebarreled soonish and i'll use the nylon and one of the new solvents > me 50 ,wipeout ,coppermelt?Thanks for the opinions ME

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts