Not that Long Range but we were happy 300 win.

Broz

Been working up a load for my sons 300 win. Stretched its legs today while fireforming some Lapua brass. I shot this group @ 550 with a 4 oclock 6 mph wind. No windage correction was made. My son was busting milk jugs at 735 yards. We were both very happy. :) gun)

DSC00817Large.jpg

DSC01018Large.jpg

I'm glad to see that she is working out for you. I'm still waiting for delivery, and hope to have similar luck whem it gets here.....

JeffVN

Broz, tell a few details about your sons gun. I have been worrying about a new build and here you post a picture of what i've had in my head.

thanks stevegun)

That's impossible. A .300 win is a belted cartridge and shoots inferior .308 dia. bullets. The photo must be staged.

Just kidding!!! Very nice. I have always had superior results with the .300 win., and a good friend of mine just completed the build of one that is getting results very much like yourself. Myself, I just made the leap today and placed my order for a .300 ultra. I hope it does not disappoint.

Broz, tell a few details about your sons gun. I have been worrying about a new build and here you post a picture of what i've had in my head.

thanks stevegun)

Steve, it is a SS Rem action in an A-5 Mclillan. Broughton #8 Contour SS barrel 27" long with a 1 in 10 twist. Badger Brake but we are not fond of the brake and will replace it as soon as we get brave enough to heat the barrel a bit to loosen the RED loctite the builder put on it.:rolleyes: Rifle basics 1 1/2 pound trigger. Nightforce 40 moa base, NF rings, NF 5.5 x 22 x 56 NXS with MLR reticle. Harris swivel bipod.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.