Not Long Range, but a long ways!

Eaglet

The phone rang, hello I said... your father just died, I was told. Man! My dad had never died before and in spite of me being almost 52 y/o I wasn't ready for that! All of you who had been close to your dad know what that feels like! This is when you forget you're an all grown up man and that you're not suppose to cry! That was on July 1st, 2006. On July 3rd I arrived to Estelí, Nicaragua just when they were carrying him out of my mother's house for the funeral. He was 76 y/o, still healthy, slim and walking tall. At the end of the day he opened a water faucet to wash his hands… then he dropped to his right side and was dead before he hit the ground. Doctors don't know exactly what happened, he just left this world the way a man should, at the end of the day!!!

On 7/12/06 I got up and as usual I got on my knees to pray, when done, I stood up and as I was putting my pants on, I felt this burning and painful sensation on my left leg; I pulled my leg out fast and wondered what that was. A thought came to my head, "ALACRAN" which means scorpion. I carefully looked inside of my pants and sure enough there was a large scorpion.
Alacran.jpg

After one of my cousins shook it out of my pants, my wife stepped on it saying something like "Nothing messes with my husband". Right away I heard some one saying "Go see a doctor", others "chew tobacco" and "put kerosene on it" etc. etc. I looked at them all, having a towel around my waist, have you all not read that it is written in the scriptures:

<font color="blue">MARK 16:17
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe ; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
</font>
The numbness on the outside and burning in the inside along with strong pain lasted quite a while, my tong never got numb or swollen as expected. I was glad that I was one of those that believe!!!

I Praise His Name!
He still is the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (HEBREWS 13:8)

I'm requesting your prayers specially for my dear mom. She's sad.

Flor.jpg

God Bless you!

Sorry to hear of your father's passing. Death is never easy.

My grandfather passed away earlier this spring. He and my grandmother had been married for just over 60 years. She has made it ok thus far with a lot of love and support from her family and friends. No doubt your mother will need the same. There is alot of good, bad and ugly that one encounters in a lifetime, and loosing the one you shared it with would be very difficult indeed.

My thoughts and prayers are w/you and your family.

Eaglet,

Sorry to here about your Dad. I look at it like 'the birth we call death'. He lived a good live and raised a good son. Condolances to your Mom also.

My Dad passed @ 62, Mom @ 78 she was never lonesome though. Way to many children plus friends.

We have already spoken of this my friend and as such no need to add anymore.

Will continue to have your family in our thoughts and prayers. It is a blessing that your dad does not have to worry about worldly matters anymore except watching over his family.

Take care in this difficult time.

Kirby Allen(50)

My condolences Eaglet.
Lost my dad in '02 so I know what you're going through. It really puts a man at odds because we can usually fix things that aren't right. Not this time. So much for relying on our own devices.
My dad liked flat shooting, high BC bullets. Guess some of it rubbed off.
He was really somethin'. Bet your dad was too.
God bless.

javier,
my wife and i will pray for your family to weather this storm and glorify the lords name through it.jesus loves us all.ALL things happen for a reason.sometimes we dont know why.we may never know.i pray and hope your parents were and are in the "book" at the gates of heaven.god bless you and yours brother.

Eaglet, God bless you and your familly, you have my sympathy and prayers. Loseing my parents changed my whole outlook on life. Mourn your Father and be a good son to your Mother, she will need your support more than ever.

My condolences.

I lost my saintly, beloved mother last fall. Her ashes were placed by me beneath a young tamarack tree on my hunting land within sight of my favorite deer stand. Right afterward I climbed that stand to contemplate both life and death while gazing out over the marsh at her final resting place.

Minutes later a pair of mated-for-life sandhill cranes passed over Mom's tree in perfect formation. Their almost pre-historic trumpeting as they flew by, wings audibly swishing, welcomed my Mom to their beautiful neighborhood.

Eaglet, knowing Mom, she was probably right there when your father arrived in heaven, making him feel welcome!

Javier

My father died 30 years ago and yesterday I was thinking about your post and got to thinking about my Dad and I came to the thought that mostly what Fathers do is provide us with an example of how to live our lives.

Your father must have been a very fine man to have raised such a good son.

Jim

I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and your concern. May God truly bless you.

[ QUOTE ]
Eaglet , knowing Mom, she was probably right there when your father arrived in heaven, making him feel welcome!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that very much!!! And I know in that place there will not be language barriers. I'm thankful for that. Dad won't have to worry! Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts