Nosler M48 rifles worth the price

deerhorn

Was wondering what you guys think about the Nosler rifles and how accurate they are.I am wanting a new rifle something more than the mid priced guns I have now. It will be for mainly deer but I'm wanting to go elk hunting some day thanks

the demo m48c in 270wsm I got over 5 years ago has been one of my favorites, accurate, long lasting, loaded several loads, rifle just feels good to me.

When the retail price of the base gun was 1395 , yes worth it. That same gun retails for 1900+ now, not worth it. Just paid 900 for a used 260 M48. Shoots .3,.4....
I'm not in the market for an M48 but I've always been curious about them. Didn't they have Douglas barrels and now have shilens? I'm also curious if they have the lapped or unlapped shilens.

ALL Shilen barrels are lapped, CM, Match & Select Match. Check Shilens' web site.....
Ok, I thought at one time shilen offered a nonlapped barrel. Maybe in CM. I could be totally wrong, my memory is not what it used to be.

I have only handled and seen ONE M48 rifle in my life...they are very limited in number here in Australia.
I went with a Kimber (actually 3 of them) rather than wait for the 9 months on a Nosler M48.

As far as I could tell, they are very well made and of quality, but the CRF action in 375H&H length of the Kimber swayed me. I can utilise the 3.6" length of the ejection port and change out the mag box/follower.

Cheers.

I have had a couple, one patriot and one longrange. The bolt-action clearance is sloppy for an expensive rifle, but both of mine functioned fine. The long range is a pricey rifle, manner stock timney trigger pushes the price up quite a bit.
Also the 3.4" mag box is a downer, pretty short if you like vld style bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.