Nosler brass - neck sizing?

sandbar782

Just got 100 pcs of nosler brass. I don't have all the tools to accurately measure wall thickness but calipers are showing .0125-.0140 wall thickness over a 12 piece sample measuring a few locations on each neck.

Do you guys that shoot nosler brass neck turn? Should I neck turn this stuff?

Just got 100 pcs of nosler brass. I don't have all the tools to accurately measure wall thickness but calipers are showing .0125-.0140 wall thickness over a 12 piece sample measuring a few locations on each neck.

Do you guys that shoot nosler brass neck turn? Should I neck turn this stuff?

The measurement you get with calipers will be thicker than the actual brass measurement. How much thicker depends on the thickness of the caliper jaws and the neck diameter. It is also hard to get consistent measurements to compare unless you do a real good job of de-burring the mouth of the case.

Thanks Edd. I'm aware of that and do not have nor plan on buying those tools. My question was for those that use nosler brass, do you neck turn it? Or do you find it consistent enough and just use it as is?

If for sub moa hunting use setup just load it and find best load. Good to go! If you got a good node I have never had any accuracy differences from brass weight differences lot to lot so internal capacity must be real close too.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.