Stop neck sizing your brass!!!

Just to be clear, I'm not a hunter. I'm too old with bad feet to be walking around more than 10 minutes. So sitting at a bench shooting a couple of boxes of reloads is heaven for me.
For me, accuracy wasn't the reason I neck size only. Brass longevity was the main reason, although I believe I benefit with a gain in accuracy also. I use only Lapua brass in my 22-250 Savage LRPV single shot BR rifle. To date I'm on my 14th reload with absolutely no signs of brass failure & I expect I'll get at least 50 plus reloads per case. From extensive research, I discovered a fair number of competition shooters get up to 100 reloads per case or more.
I have a 22-250 with a .250" tight-necked chamber. The wall thickness of my brass neck turned to .012", which gives me a total clearance of .002" around the neck. I suspect my brass is worked 10% of what's normal for full-length resizing. I use only a bump-neck die which sizes the brass approx. .002"-.003" total. I have never resized the body of the case & I've never had any problems chambering or ejecting a case. I use a bump-neck die bushing which gives me a maximum .001" to .002" interference fit on the bullet.
I never have to worry about recoil causing a problem with the bullet moving in any direction other than out the bore, simply because it's a single-shot rifle. My Forster die is labeled as a bushing die.
That is a nice rifle and sounds like you really have it tuned in. Food for thought for the na sayers for sure. Great post.

I never got into neck sizing after watching a more advanced reloader than myself (at the time) bring some new loads to the range. He couldn't shoot half of them because the ammo wouldn't chamber. Wasted a day. I have tried to chamber once fired brass and it doesn't happen without some serious effort on the bolt.

Sounds like people not checking their brass after firing. Once fired brass that won't chamber is probably a pressure problem from over max powder load or bullet sitting on the lands. Anyway it's pressure created by the loader.

Sounds like people not checking their brass after firing. Once fired brass that won't chamber is probably a pressure problem from over max powder load or bullet sitting on the lands. Anyway it's pressure created by the loader.

I had the problem once. I discovered if I marked the brass and oriented it back into the chamber the same direction, it would fit. Therefore, being the genius, I am I concluded the chamber was not round.