Nosler brass 300WSM $ due to no other quality options!

Duane Waterson

Just recently picked up a 25ct. Box of Nosler brass in 300WSM. Almost 70 $ !!! Wish Lapua would produce 300 wsm so there would be more ( better) options than what is out there. Also Nosler has quite a bit of mark up on 300wsm brass , due to lack of options I believe. I baseing this on comparisons in similar calibers in which a Lapua brass is available seems to be keeping price down. There is $ to be made by Lapua why not produce the wsm?

I have loaded the 300 WSM for more than 10 years and in my experience Norma produces the best WSM brass by far. I have loaded some more than 10 times with out a split neck or a loose primer pocket. Nosler brass is fine if you don't have the time to prep. it. Even though I have not used Nosler 300 WSM brass, the 22-250 and 280 Rem is not in the same class as Norma.

Graf &Sons now has Norma 300 WSM brass for $53.99/25 count.

Norma is the best 300 WSM brass available. No need for Lapua to make it.

Nothing to refute the claim exists anywhere I can find except if you go to the Norma website, you'll find both Norma and Nosler intertwined there which leads me to believe that norma does produce nosler brass.

There are numerous references to nosler on their site as well. Typically Swedish website however.....lol

I sent an inquiry to Snopes for an answer. Hopefully we find out but for now I'll assume it's a valid statement, Norma produces Nosler brass....

As an aside, I use Nosler cases in 338 Lapua (as well as Lapua) and the Nosler cases appear to me to be every bit as good as the Lapua cases, which is off thread simply because I don't load 300 WSM.

I will say the Lapua cases come in nicer packaging (plastic reuseable box) versus the cardboard throwaway box the Nosler comes packed in.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.