Quality of Nosler Brass

I can see by the pictures that you aren't making this up, but I've always had good consistency with nosler brass. Maybe they are slipping here lately. No it's not as tough as some of the other brass mentioned.

I wasted money on some 28 Nosler brass that sent me down a rabbit hole pulling bullets chasing serious (looking) pressure signs due to soft brass. Stiff bolt, shaving brass and I wasn't even close to maximum loads. I can't believe they don't test the brass they sell to reloaders. Never had issues reloading their trophy grade ammunition. I switched to Peterson and am glad I did.
That's not the first time we've heard that they dont seem to care

I agree that is nasty looking brass, not worthy of the Nosler name. They should make good on it and have an explanation. I haven't seen anything like this on any other forums. If anyone has, speak up. Maybe Nosler has developed a problem, sub-contracted out all their brass work maybe??

I've had some cases with the indents on the shoulder like that. Was new Winchester brass in 50 count bags. Two different lot numbers bought from two different stores, during the same summer, prob 5-6 years ago.

Now Nosler should not be sending crap like that out for the price it costs. I'd call them and pretty much demand a new box and salvage what you can from that box. I just recently bought two bags of blem 6.5CM Nosler brass and it looks great to me. Couple tiny spots on a few but to the average man they're not noticeable. It's possible someone just made a mistake while packaging brass, but I'd demand answers from Nosler on full price brass.

I use Nosler in 7mm-08 and I like it a lot. Yes, it's a little softer than most brands.

New Member with a question what is your bullet depth or jump to landings? If to close it will react exactly as you have described stiff bolt and inconsistent groups higher pressues.

Ive been reloading 50+ yrs seen it alot and
remember you will get barrel throat erosion approx every 150 rounds. So adjusting for every lot of new or same bullets should always be on every shooters list to check.

Personally I'd call a company to for an issue before going on the net. IMO it was a mix up in inspection packaging. Nosler and other firearm manufacturers were earmarked to stay open during covid. It's been a tough year for all manufacturers, but especially tough on firearms manufacturers. I say give them a break and give them first chance to make things right before going on the net to meat mouth their name.

Personally I'd call a company to for an issue before going on the net. IMO it was a mix up in inspection packaging. Nosler and other firearm manufacturers were earmarked to stay open during covid. It's been a tough year for all manufacturers, but especially tough on firearms manufacturers. I say give them a break and give them first chance to make things right before going on the net to meat mouth their name.
They also loose people and hire new ones all the time lots of turnovers

I wasted money on some 28 Nosler brass that sent me down a rabbit hole pulling bullets chasing serious (looking) pressure signs due to soft brass. Stiff bolt, shaving brass and I wasn't even close to maximum loads. I can't believe they don't test the brass they sell to reloaders. Never had issues reloading their trophy grade ammunition. I switched to Peterson and am glad I did.
Amen to that!

Some Nosler brass runs appear to be very poor quality(Primer pockets, neck chamfering, flash holes). I am trying to purchase ADG or Lapua brass anymore and have had great success with this brass. I can only hope Nosler representatives see these posts and try and fix the problem.

Some Nosler brass runs appear to be very poor quality(Primer pockets, neck chamfering, flash holes). I am trying to purchase ADG or Lapua brass anymore and have had great success with this brass. I can only hope Nosler representatives see these posts and try and fix the problem.
There is an SPS guy that watches this forum.

I use Nosler in my 25-06 nd my 6.5 Creedmoor.Ive never had any problems. I think it is very good brass. It is just behind Lapua and Peterson.