New Remarms Remington 700 375 H&H 1-8 Twist?

JakeWes

I noticed that Midway USA is getting a shipment of new Remington 700 SPSs in 375 H&H, however, they are listed on both Midway's website and Remington's website as having a 1-8 twist. That seems very out of place for a 375 H&H, I would venture to say the 1-12 or 1-10 would be good, but 1-8 is very fast. Thoughts?

Meme Think GIF

Interesting on the 8" twist, but I don't think the H&H would be that great at pushing bullets heavy/long enough to need it. My 12" twist Remmy 375 already does well with anything I can throw at it. Using 285 Speer GS, 300 Barnes tsx, and 280 grain hard cast gc lead in it at present and all spin well enough to be accurate.
8" twist would probably only mess up my lead bullet accuracy and not help anything else.

A well known Africa veterinarian/guide (Dr Ken Robertson who wrote a great book "The Perfect Shot") has recommended the 350 grain bullets for Cape buffalo saying it makes it work like a 416. Woodleigh, Barnes, North Fork, and a couple of brands made in Africa are in the 320-360 grain weights. Maybe that's what they designed it to be capable of stabilizing? Just a thought.

I noticed that Midway USA is getting a shipment of new Remington 700 SPSs in 375 H&H, however, they are listed on both Midway's website and Remington's website as having a 1-8 twist. That seems very out of place for a 375 H&H, I would venture to say the 1-12 or 1-10 would be good, but 1-8 is very fast. Thoughts?
For one thing, the barrel twist is not a typo.
R700 1 of 2.png

R700 2 of 2.png

These days, I do not think a 1:8" is no longer considered fast for the bullet choices available to us today.

It still amazes me the people who are afraid to spin a bullet because it doesn't align with the old ways of crappy bullet designs. What's going to happen, it's going to have .1" more spin drift at 400 yards? But you can shoot any bullet you want and a faster spinning bullet has been shown to do more terminal damage.

There's literally no downside to this.