Quality of Nosler Brass

I have had good experiences with most of the brass manufacturers as well as not-so experiences. My best experience was from a bag of WWII brass from a gun show that was 30-06 LC. At that time 25-06 brass was virtually non-existent but after reading an article in an old magazine about using the BCBS trim die and a good quality file, I could make my own 25-06. That brass lasted a very long time, annealed twice using a case chuck, for the lack of a better description, to spin the case slowly in a drill in the flame of a butane torch. Finally retired after more than a dozen reload cycles. These days, I try to get Lapua, ADG, or Petersen brass. Failing that, especially for unpopular calibers (224 Valkyrie), I have had decent "luck" with Star-line. I prefer the cardiac brass but am not adverse to using the chevy/ford brasses. I do "pamper" my brass, catching them before they hit the ground/cement at the range, and spend a good deal of time in the "prep" process.

In response to your 27 Nosler brass! I too have had issues with this particular caliber! I have bought a total of 5 boxes because the first 2 were junk! I attribute that to the new caliber ! I also have a 26 Nosler and haven't had a single issue with that brass! But the 27 brass has some serious problems !

I'm very surprised to see Nosler brass as ragged as yours! Over many years their brass has always been excellent for me! But I resize, trim, and prep all my brass before loading, no matter what brand! Best of luck!

I have to say this. I have bought Nosler brass for many of my rifles, 22-250, 270 win, 270 wsm, 270-264 win mag (7MM rem Mag brass to form), and 300 win mag. not once have I had this problem described, being soft, or being anything but consistent, match grade, wonderful brass. what happened? Nosler should make that right... this is a blemish on an otherwise stellar record. None of the brass I have purchased from Nosler has ever had any of those things wrong. the worst I can say is dented necks and small dents in the body.. nothing more has ever been wrong with their brass. I must be lucky or something.

I wasted money on some 28 Nosler brass that sent me down a rabbit hole pulling bullets chasing serious (looking) pressure signs due to soft brass. Stiff bolt, shaving brass and I wasn't even close to maximum loads. I can't believe they don't test the brass they sell to reloaders. Never had issues reloading their trophy grade ammunition. I switched to Peterson and am glad I did.
I had the same issue with my 28 nosler brass. I bought adg brass to replace it with after my next firing

I have to say this. I have bought Nosler brass for many of my rifles, 22-250, 270 win, 270 wsm, 270-264 win mag (7MM rem Mag brass to form), and 300 win mag. not once have I had this problem described, being soft, or being anything but consistent, match grade, wonderful brass. what happened? Nosler should make that right... this is a blemish on an otherwise stellar record. None of the brass I have purchased from Nosler has ever had any of those things wrong. the worst I can say is dented necks and small dents in the body.. nothing more has ever been wrong with their brass. I must be lucky or something.
i have had the same results

Certainly hope to hear Nosler's reply. I've purchased their brass for multiple cartridges and never an issue. Please report the Nosler response.

I'd call Nosler, send them those pics and ask them to exchange for some new brass.

My only experience is with 100 rounds of 30-06 brass and I found it to be very good, still is after several loadings.

I agree with others, call/email Nosler, send link to this post. I bet they take care of you (if not blem purchase). Good luck!

Recent Posts