Nosler 300WSM brass?

MTGunner

I have come across some Nosler 300WSM once fired brass that I have FL resized, uniformed the primer pockets and chamfered the mouth. The flash holes were clean without the need to debur them. This is my first experience with Nosler brass and it seems to be good, weighs within 5+/- grains with uniform neck thickness. I have not loaded this brass as yet as hunting season is upon us. Who has experience with this brass and what are your thoughts? Is Nosler brass actually made by Nosler? Thanks for the input. MTG

I remember reading a thread on Canadian gun nutz where a guy found a piece of federal brass in his nosler box of brass.........
I had a Nosler in my Norma but that would be expected.

The Nosler brass I have is very nice. I've kept my WSM brass in reserve until I have a reason to use it.

Well, I use Norma brass for my 300 WSM and it is very good. If Norma makes Nosler, as stated, I would expect it to be much the same. I would like to try Nosler someday once my 300 WSM Norma gives out. Probably be Nosler 6.5 Creedmoor brass I buy first though. Really looking forward to trying those out.

I use Nosler and Norma brass for my 7mm/300WSM. The Nosler brass has been weight sorted into a 1gn variance, necks and flash holes prepped at the factory.
I do these myself anyway, so didn't really need the Nosler brass but it is what I had available.
Otherwise, the quality, strength, dimensions of the brass is the same. They are both heavier and softer than Win brass, but this is not an issue for most.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.