Nosler accubond failure

wvhunter92

I've got about 3 boxes of .338 225gr accubonds that the tips are breaking off of. I mean just barely touch some of them and they crumble. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing. I was also wondering how nosler was on backing up their product.

Thanks

Yeah my friend has a 7 mm and when he would chamber a loaded accubond round, then extract it without firing it a few tips were busted, I wonder how bad the accuracy would have been.:)

I had some years ago do it in the mag box under recoil and a few in my back pack. But have not seen it again for years. I would say a bad run in the plastic tips and Nossler would surely want to know and make it right.

Jeff

It was causing a .25 moa rifle to throw them out past 1.25 moa. I would say it would be alot worse at long range as I suspect the BC would be alot different

I had that happen on some factory loaded .257 Wby Mag rounds with 110gr Accubonds. I just pullet the bullet and chunked it in a drawer, dumped the powder and used the brass for another load.

Interesting... never have seen that myself and I use both the 140 gr 7mm ab and the 338 225 gr ab. Wouldn't put it past anyone though as we did see that with early hdy tipped varmint pills in 24 cal. Loose and brittle tips. Like Broz said I'd give 'em a ring; they'll most likely make it right with you.

I have had .308 cal 180 gr accubonds where about 1/4 of them the tips fell off in th box new . Have had many times where the tips fall off in the mag. Pretty annoying if you ask me.....I even had a new box of 165 gr accubonds brand new box from store that looked corroded and green and lots of tips looked corroded away... Hope these problems stop because I have had great accuracy with them

I spoke with nosler customer service today. They had me email pictures of the bullets, and I did they are sending me 3 new boxes as soon as they make another run of them. Very pleased with their customer service. Thanks to all who replied

I believe everyone makes mistakes. I always pay attention to how the problems are resolved. It looks like Nosler has taken care of the problem in a respectable manner.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.