Accubond failures?

Fotis

Has anyone heard or experienced this? I personally have not along with a bunch of my hunting buddies. That said there are some reports on various forums that indicated the opposite. Any inputs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I initially heard the 115gr .257 AB wasnt preforming very well but I havent heard anything since then, and that was probably 8 months ago. I never got a chance to test them in my 25-06.

Everything else I have heard and seen has been great.

Steve

The only one's I have personally dealt with are the 110gr .257's and the 140gr .277's. Both have done what they were supposed to for us, they shot nice groups, and put hogs and yotes on the ground with authority. Of course I only got to shoot the groups, the daughter got to shoot the critters.

I personally recovered two 140 AB from Elk and 1 180 AB from last years bull. all travelled through to the off side shoulder and were the perfect picture of a great mushroom. I love em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Mark

I have not seen or been told of any failures with any weight of NAB. Most of of the told about ones and all of mine were 200 gr 30 cal or 225 338 cal. A few customers used the 160 7mm version and were tickeled to death with them. As I have said many times I think they are an excellent design my only regret is they don't and won't manufacture a 275 gr .338 version.

Allen Day reported miserable performance with the .338 Accubonds (can't remember the weight) on a recent trip to Africa. If you do a search at 24hourcampfire you should be able to find it.

My own personal experience with them is very limited, consisting of one whitetail buck. I got complete pass through on a shoulder shot and a piled up deer.

POP knows about Allen Days post on 24 Hour Campfire and has resonded, that is why he is asking the question here to see if any one else has experienced or knows of anyone else that has experienced failure

Have had great luck with the 140's out of 270wsm. Have taken several WT with them and all were pass thru shot and have not recovered any bullets. Of course thats fine with me as I like and prefer a second hole. Hope to get good results with the 200AB out of 300RUM.

They´re not making the 275 g. 338 because they are making a 140 in 6,5 caliber ????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I´ve used some 160 7 cal. and worked fine as of today.

Pop, what kind of failure was the rumour about? Lack of expansion, poor penetration...?????

Most people think that they fail when they recover a bullet and it had shed 35% of its weight. Nosler designed them to perform like a partition but with better balistics like a BT. They were never designed for 90+ % weight retention. I only know of a couple that claim that Swift sirrocco 2 and the barnes line.

d-a

Pop

I read all the post on the 2 links, and all i can add is if they were from the first production run they might have not had all the bugs fiqured out yet. I am sure like all other manufactures that they were rushed to get them released.

Its hard for me to belive that a bullet with a high SD will blow up on the surface like they said.
d-a

hmmm.

call me lucky but, i never had a problem with the 165 BT's going the distance and performing nicley on Elk(421 yds),Antelope(512yds),and mulies(617 yds...OSK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

we shall see with the 200 AB's this season. no time to change now....its getting close! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Pop

Its hard for me to belive that a bullet with a high SD will blow up on the surface like they said.
d-a

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what motivated me to post this for further input. Weird huh?