Nosler 280 Ackley IMP finally

BriKW

Finally found nosler brass in stock for the 280 ackley imp. Waited for nearly 3 months for some brass to become available. I must admit the quality looks outstanding from first looks, will see if it is as uniform as the lapua brass I get for the 30-06.

Good Morning, BriKW,

I believe that Norma makes Nosler brass. Norma used to make Weatherby brass. I believe Norma still does make Weatherby brass.

Since W-W brass of late has shown to have severe quality control problems. So I've gone with Norma brass for .270 Win & 7MM Rem Mag. Norma is good stuff.

Good Morning, BriKW,

I believe that Norma makes Nosler brass. Norma used to make Weatherby brass. I believe Norma still does make Weatherby brass.

Since W-W brass of late has shown to have severe quality control problems. So I've gone with Norma brass for .270 Win & 7MM Rem Mag. Norma is good stuff.

Good to know. What I've always gotten with Lapua has been stellar. This will be my first experience with Nosler Brass. The idea of not having to waist precious barrel life fire forming brass appeals to me, just hope in the long run, it's worth the cost. I would rather spend bench time tuning a load to my rifle than fire forming which you learn next to nothing about your rifle and load.

So far the Nosler brass looks good, uniform as well.

I use a lot of Nosler brass. Depending on your chamber, you will still need to fire form those brass to your chamber, but basically just bumping the shoulder forward. Not the entire Ackley process.

I have found Nosler brass to be extremely uniform. I weight sort everything, and each batch of Nosler I have used has always been within 1.1gr. across the board. Even lot to lot variation. Flash holes are milled not punched, so no deburring needed. Primer pocket are always great too. I still run them through an FL die, and then clean and annealing them prior to my first loading.

Good to know. What I've always gotten with Lapua has been stellar. This will be my first experience with Nosler Brass. The idea of not having to waist precious barrel life fire forming brass appeals to me, just hope in the long run, it's worth the cost. I would rather spend bench time tuning a load to my rifle than fire forming which you learn next to nothing about your rifle and load.

So far the Nosler brass looks good, uniform as well.

I know you'll be very happy with Nosler brass. However, big game you're going to hunt might not be so happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.