Norma 300 RUM Brass Quality

I find it to be consistent out of the box with little or no need for prep work before loading. If it is softer I don't find it to cause trouble getting top end loads. If it lasts a couple firings less or more I am not sure that I can definitively say so.

Steve

I loaded Nosler in my friend's 300 RUM custom. We've had excellent service from Nosler brass. Nosler is made by Norma and as stated is essentially load ready. I do neck size new Nosler just to make sure it's consistent and not out of round from handling. You'll like it. Good luck.

Hope the Norma is good. Bought 100 pieces to rum in my 338 Edge when I get around to having it built.

I have been using Norma brass with my 300 rum for a while. I used the same 20 pieces while doing load development and now have 13 firings on those pieces of brass. I haven't lost one piece yet. Primer pockets are still tight and have only had to trim twice. I turned the necks when new and neck size only.

I ran and still run Norma brass exclusively in my rum. I tried every brand and it's the best by far. I discard for safety after 4 reloads, but it can go longer. I shoot 208 amax with 93 gr of retumbo I if I remember correctly

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.