300 RUM NORMA Brass

Rottenron

Has anyone used this brass.How dose the primer pockets hold up and how many reload do you get out of it.gun)

I use it in my BR 300 RUM.

Fine brass.
I have not experienced any primer pocket issues.

I do not load hot. Running ~3050 with 210 VLD +.010 into the lands.

It's the same as Nosler brass, but the Nosler is prepped better. I like it better than Rem. My rifle performs best with Norma/Nosler. My first batch of 25 Norma went six reloads before excessive case head expansion made them difficult to extract after firing. The primer pockets were still tight though.

One thing I've noticed is that it doesn't take as much powder to reach max velocity. I'm pushing the 230 target hybrid with 87.3 grains of Retumbo right at 3000 fps. Switching from a RP brass load to Norma without adjusting the powder charge is asking for trouble.

I have shot Remington, Federal, Nosler and Norma all in my 300RUM's

-Remington I just didn't like at all
-Federal really wasn't that bad
-Nosler was nice and I have no problem with it except price
-Norma pockets hold up the best, but if you push them like I do 3-4 firings is all you can get out of them.

Dragman do you anneal your brass. And thanks guys for your help.

Sometimes, It really depends on the round. in the RUM I didn't see any benefit just like I didn't get any help from annealing on my 300WSM (which seems to get 20+ firings before it's gone) But in some wild cats it has helped like my 7-300WBY.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.