Non Lead Bullet for 280 and 7/08AI

Blacktail

Living in commie CA trying to find a good bullet for my daughers 7/08AI and to develop a reduced recoil load for my forbes 280 for my son. the AI shoots 120 TTSX to .5" at 3150 fps and the 280 shoots the 140s to .5" at 3120fps. I just tested the pergenines in my 7 mm STW the 150s and they shoot well .3" at 3230 but they say the 1:9 twist rates of both guns wont work for the Perg. I like the ttsx but worried about expansion after say 300 yards. Some have recommended the cutting edge raptor in 120 or 130 for both the AI and 280. They also have a raptor extended range. Just wanting some thoughts on them they say expansion down to 1500 fps on both so not sure on the difference. I hear good and bad on accuracy thanks

check out hammer bullets. they have a lot of offerings or will make what you want. I use their 156 gr 270 accurate and easy to tune.

Thanks guys sounds like definitely need to take a look at them. May try their 130s in both guns or maybe 120s since for the kids.

Iv'e used the C.E.B's and found them to be finicky in my rifle. Iv'e been shooting the 130 grain Hammer Hunters in my 7 Rem Mag and absolutely love them. Stupid easy to tune. I tried 4 different powders and they all shot extremely well, so I picked the one that provided the velocity I was after...simple.

Customer service is above and beyond...I screwed up an order, but they fixed it immediately, and I'm sure they lost money on the deal. Great folks to deal with. Email them, or call, if you want advice on bullet selection.

-Mike

I would look at the Barnes LRX 145's. I'm using those in my 7mm-08 with great results and from a lot of different literature I've read on the internet they will expand at lower velocities compared to the TTSX.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.