No more vectronix terrapin, now what?

Roy thats a large camera type tripod,tower is spring loaded,legs all adjust,and it has gear drive tilt.Bought on e bay like $100, then I had a old rest I moded to fit.Like for antelope or rig type hunt, was also nice when my son was younger to help with shooting.
I use one of those tripods for digiscoping targets at long range during live fire tests. The tilt/pan adjustments must have been designed for movie cameras - not ideal for a scope. Heavy but very stable. How does it work for a gun rest?

I use one of those tripods for digiscoping targets at long range during live fire tests. The tilt/pan adjustments must have been designed for movie cameras - not ideal for a scope. Heavy but very stable. How does it work for a gun rest?
Its ok but prefer prone and bipod if terrain, but can help when needed

Vectronix VECTOR 23 binoculars:

The Vector military day binoculars have amazing range capability as well as up to 90 deg. inclination measurement (for ranging those pesky drones). All you need is a military authorization and about $4,000. and its yours. For a bit more you can have the night vision version for long range night time hog hunting.

Also, for instant firing solutions it can communicate via Bluetooth with your handy Kestrel 4500/Applied Ballistics weather station & computer that takes into account ALL environmental factors including coriolis effect and altitude/station density. Just program your ballistics into the 4500 and you have the best little hand-held ballistic problem solver on the planet. This indispensable item only cots a bit more than $500. Heck, we spend more than that on ammo every few months.

Vectronix VECTOR 23 binoculars:

The Vector military day binoculars have amazing range capability as well as up to 90 deg. inclination measurement (for ranging those pesky drones). All you need is a military authorization and about $4,000. and its yours. For a bit more you can have the night vision version for long range night time hog hunting.

Also, for instant firing solutions it can communicate via Bluetooth with your handy Kestrel 4500/Applied Ballistics weather station & computer that takes into account ALL environmental factors including coriolis effect and altitude/station density. Just program your ballistics into the 4500 and you have the best little hand-held ballistic problem solver on the planet. This indispensable item only cots a bit more than $500. Heck, we spend more than that on ammo every few months.

I've got a 10C and a 15C and they each cost much more than $4K. Plan on spending $20K+ for a Vector 23. A Trimble Nomad running FFS is way more capable than the Kestrel AB. There have been reports of Bluetooth communication glitches. The SEV78 trigger cable between a 15C and Nomad is dead nuts reliable.

Ive heard some talk , that a guy by the name of bryce wells is going to have a rangfinder at shot show 2015 that will have computer ballistics mil or moa and a small beam divergence. Thats suppost to be able to reach 1500 or 2000 yards .thats really all ive been able to find on it . Guess iam waiting on that one for now..

Coldbore,

The Trimble Nomad is ONLY a ballistic computer that accepts other environmental parameters but does not sense them and automatically compute for their effect.

The Kesrel 4500 /AB combo is a ballistic computer and weather station and internal compass that, with your distance input, gives you THE most complete firing solution and all without entering anything but ranging (once you enter your ballistics at home).
* Just one example of the Kestrel 4500's sensing and computing is wind calculation. 1st-> Read the full wind at your position. 2nd-> Read the wind angle and force while you point the impeller at your target. Those two readings are calculated give you a true wind effect, not a "guestimated" effect of "probable" wind angle on your bullet. Then there is corollas effect, spin drift and several other factors that the unit accurately senses and enters into the final computation.

If the Trimble Nomad does all that I stand both corrected and amazed.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.