nightforce zero stop

hey guys! Been busier than hell building rifles! George tells me Nightforce will put one on a new scope for us but I don't think we can get them otherwise just yet. I believe for everyone they get out the door the military orders ten more.

Have had the same problem with finding zero.Would shimming to the bottom revelution be a good solution?I had to shim my VLE up a little to get it to zero but now have all of the adjustment of the scope to go up.Kind of a pain to shim but if I dont lose zero it may be worth it as I have enough trouble relying on the dials.Used to use Mn elevation & S Dakota windage so if I'm gona srart turning the knobs I should learn it right & be able to rely on it or all is lost=CJ

Many great ideas. I personally carry a shirt pocket size "Dope Book". I have a different book for every rifle. I put 100 yard zero and come ups out to 1000 yards. On my 6.5 Gibbs the 100 yard zero is logged as "Line 1 + 1 turn to Zero(complete revolution). 800 yard zero is "Line 2 + 6 MOA. The line is the reference line on the Leupold Target Turrets. This keeps me from guessing or forgeting exactly where my zeros are. I still tape my hunting load "Dope" directly to the rifle stock for easiest reference. This keeps my drops straight for the different loads in my rifle! Have Fun. Dave in Idaho.

Here is a trick for the nightforce that Bruce Baer told me about. It works great. Take the cap off and drill a hole for a 8/32 set screw 180 degrees from the existing set screw. Drill the hole next to the edge of the cap from the bottom out through the top. Tap the cap and put back on. Sight in (if not already), return the cap to the zero mark and set the side set screw. Then adjust the top set screw down till it touches, then stop. You might have to get a few different size set screws so they wont stick out of the top of the cap. This will allow you to turn your turret knob up, but not down. If you need to rezero, loosen the top set screw and then you can turn the know down. This works great and costs way!!! less than the Knight force zero stop. By the way, they are only making it for the 5.5-22 and the one that goes to 10 power. Hope this helps
smile.gif

There are 10 moa in one full turn on the Night Force , if you buy it from Bruce Baer he can drill, tap and install locking set screw on the elevation turret for a zero return stop.

Texas

Maybe in a week. I have a couple new rifles to get ready for hunts first and I'm working this weekend...Parade of Homes.

Len, the price I got was $185 from my dealer
and that was installed at NF on my new scope.
To me, I thought that was too high for a
simple feature like that so I passed on it.
I am not sure if the feature is even offered on the BR models! I intend to contact
Bruce Baer to see if he will do my 2 BR models. Thanks GEG

Some have asked for a picture of the new zero stop. This is a scan of the use instructions and it has diagrams that may be more useful than a photo. If someone needs a higher rez copy I could email it to you. Hope the link works.

orig.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.