Nightforce Stops

idcwby

What is the difference between ZeroStop, ZeroHold, and ZeroSet?

Thanks,
idcwby

Zerostop purely stops turret rotation, which is the best of zerostops.
Zeroset bottoms out turret travel, which is the worst of zerostops, because it's jacking action to internal guts.
Zerohold, I don't know what that is. Seems re-merchandised zerostop, which would be NF competing with themselves again..

NF needs to consolidate with what put them on the map.

Last edited:
With the clutch system that is in the ZeroStop, what makes it better?

Thanks
idcwby

It's much more postitive then zeroset. You sometimes have to play around a little bit with the zeroset to get it stop perfect on zero, and you can still overrun it if you twist hard enough. It's not a big deal, your not going to get lost on where your at on revolutions or anything, it just doesn't have the solid stop of a mechanical zero stop.

With zerostop you can literally feel it in the dark, zeroset you might be +-a click or 2.

Night force isjust trying to keep the cost down on the scopes they want to compete with lower priced scopes Like the SHV in the price range of $900-$1200 range. I have used SHV and have an ATACR ,the SHV is a great scope for a great price . Even on my zerostops i set a minute under and come back four clicks to zero so the turret is not setting against the stop. The SHV i did the same I just come back up off the turet bottom, the only problem i had with the zeroset is my turret knob came loose a couple times and i had to re set it, i guess i just didnt get the set screws tight enough but i didnt want to mark up the brass post to bad

Most manufactures that offer a stop have tweaked things around a bit but they all pretty much accomplish the same thing. I think you could find videos of just about all of the different manufactures particular designs online. Huskemaw, Vortex,Swarovski,Bushnell,Zeiss, Kahles, S&B, leupold, USO, and I'm sure I'm missing a few all offer a Zerostop of some type.

The ZeroHold is a design to return to mechanical zero with a push button locking turret. The ZH design also allows you to dial a little below zero if you need to. This feature is found in the 4-16x42 F1.

15475964917577350347905740467871.jpg

Last edited:
My leupold Mark 5 has push button zero stop,stops dead at zero n clicks.Push in to turn,push and I can go down .5 mils for if I had different zero running a can or? I run 200 yrd zeros on my rifles,if im in tight timber all day Ill dial down below zero

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.