Nightforce problems.???

S1

That's just the NXS line I presume your talking about. The Target models are made and assembled in Japan from what I have been told.

Later
DC

DC..
.. That's the very model that lays claim to "Made in the USA" at the D&B site I linked to earlier.. Funnier still I didn't see that label over on the NXS page..
D&B NXS
..The Asian manufacture may 'splain away some of the pricing discrepency..
.. While the dookey keeps getting deeper, I guess the proof is in the puddin' and the question still stands.. Does it give enough performance enhancement to warrant the extra $300-$700.??
(Hint:"Just because it's what I wanted" IS a valid reason to purchase an item.. If you earned your $1.3K , blow it as you see fit.!!) JiNC

Good luck with the new scope whatever you choose. For me it came down to the etched/lighted R2 reticle not being available in anything Leopold. A stouter construction with a lower 5.5 power setting played a part too. Features weren't free, but worth it to me for many reasons. I've blown $500 on many occasions for alot less, but sometimes it's the price.

FatBoy,

tracking problems aren't something I'd expect from them either, or accept. They'll make it right I'm sure. Good luck.

I've checked three other 5.5-22 NXS's too, all had 89moa vertical too. I see them advertised at Bill Shehanes website as only having 95moa, not sure why though.

S1'

anything else you could add about how to use the R2 reticle would be very cool
smile.gif

.....What is supposed stop the bullet?

Not sure what you mean by that?

300 Ultra Mag
25.94" barrel (boltface to muzzle)
10 twist
100' to 200' ASL, sometimes we hunt at 2000' and 3000" areas too.
100-1500 Yard range is Max.

S1..
.. There's a mild hint of attitude in your post.. Oki-doki..
grin.gif

.. The first paragraph seems to allude to military and/or LEO involvement.. Would it be safe to assume that we all paid for your NF, rendering the cost vs. return ratio invalid from your perspective.??
To the list..
1)..You are correct on this account.. If I "fastroped" from anything not firmly secured to the Earth it would cause major balance issues.. (Not to mention,burned hands) And if my rifle was following me the initiator of it's descent and I would have serious problems..(This is why my time in military service was minimal.)
2) If I used anything like your little toy there they'd haul me off and Sandy would have to sell the house to pay it, and my lawyer, off..
3)Correct again.. I plan to do no diving before ,after or during any of my scheduled shooting events.. Although some of the "mudholes" at the club may present a unique challenge for both myself and the NF.. The comment about stalking deer was a pure "brow-beat" and will be ignored much the same as a "triple-dog-dare"..
4) Here's something useful.. Your R2 reticle is extremely interesting and as far as I can tell THE single most attractive/unique feature of the NF scope line.. Maybe when ya get that book out us mere "hunters"(FWIW-Groundhogs are my target of choice)can use it as it was intended.. My personal preference is to just "dial it in"..
5) I'll havta read the book on how that's done, properly, also..
wink.gif

.. I'm not sure if the "carpenter" comment is good logic or just another brow-beating attempt.. I guess I'll just have to be content fumbling about the bench at the range and afield.. All the while aspiring to reach the lofty levels set by our illustrious professionals..
..Hehehe.. But seriously, thanks for your unique and obviously well informed input.!!
smile.gif

Brent..
Great perspective.. I wish I could honestly say that I had never "blown" $500 for much less of a "value".. When it comes down to it.. It may be S1's NP-R2 that does me in..
grin.gif

I thought that's what you meant, but wasn't certain.

The bullet is punching paper at present, and 36 inches of moose later next year if all works out as planned.

The 220gr SMK is the bullet I'll use if it shoots well, I'll test it later this week and next. I'm using a 180 Nosler BT and 180 Scirocco at present, they're loaded for accuracy at 3200 fps even.

You have my interest peaked now.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.