nightforce comparison?

TheFishBox

Has anyone compared the nxs 5.5x22x50 to the 2.5x10x42? Now I know these won't compare straight across but I have the 5.5 on my 338 and want a comparable scope on my carry around 300 win. This gun is just the standard remington 700 but shoots good and is used to beat the brush but want to be able to dial up if a longer shot presents its self.

I guess the short version is will the 2.5 leave me wanting in any department?

Last edited:
I had the NF2.5x10 Compact on my 270WSM Model 70 Sporter that was used for tighter terrain deer hunting ,and more carry time than my LR rigs equipped with the bigger NSX 5.5x22. I think the NXS is too heavy and bulky for a Sporter weight rifle. I really liked the rifle's balance using the compact, and found that the light gathering and clarity was excellent. Mine was equipped with the 600 yard velocity reticle. The reticle had perfect thickness, was dead on for my load, so I didn't bother using the turrets much for longer shots under 500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.