SCOPE COMPARISON

Used Kahles K624i. Used nightforce ATACR. Used vortex razor HD AMG. Used schmidt and bender PMII.
The only problem with buying used high end optics is you will soon sacrifice other stuff to buy new high end optics. They create a sickness that can only be cured with piles of money. The wife gets no more shoes and the kids have to learn to drink water..... OH the Sacrifices!

The only problem with buying used high end optics is you will soon sacrifice other stuff to buy new high end optics. They create a sickness that can only be cured with piles of money. The wife gets no more shoes and the kids have to learn to drink water..... OH the Sacrifices!
I've been shooting a NF 5-25 atacr on my prairie dog rifle all winter. It's like using the Schmidt Bender I used to use- a complete spoiler! Mounting a nxs 5.5-22 on that gun next month as the atacr was meant for a custom 6.5 PRC that's about done. I've always been very happy with the nxs line but the atacr is on a different level

Well I kept digging and tossing around the options. I ended up going with the NX8 over the NXS. I purchased the 2.5-20x50 F2. I really like the floating dot reticle offered in the F2. I like the zoom range for what I will be doing. I also like the illumination upgrade over the odd design on the NXS of pulling out the parallax cap. Also a compact design. So we will see how it goes once it gets here

Well I kept digging and tossing around the options. I ended up going with the NX8 over the NXS. I purchased the 2.5-20x50 F2. I really like the floating dot reticle offered in the F2. I like the zoom range for what I will be doing. I also like the illumination upgrade over the odd design on the NXS of pulling out the parallax cap. Also a compact design. So we will see how it goes once it gets here
Be sure to come back and let us know what you think of that NX8. I've looked at it for a while now but have read a few reviews saying the eye box is pretty rough ... otherwise if that is good there's a ton to like about that scope!

It's the fire dot duplex # 172368
Swaro has a 4w reticle that I really love. It's a regular duplex with red dot center, but has hash marks on the horizontal.
I don't know if the Z5 series will have the elev travel needed.....or if the turret is "tactical" enough to do a ton of dialing.
I do know the Z8i and Z6 compare wrk with anything for optical quality. The Z5i can be bought for $1500, and the reticle is my fav.

Boy did u hit the nail on the head. I have a severe case of that sickness....because of which I'm always the easiest guy to pick out in a group of hunters....I'm the one with S&B mounted on a single shot JC Penney 12 Ga.

Boy did u hit the nail on the head. I have a severe case of that sickness....because of which I'm always the easiest guy to pick out in a group of hunters....I'm the one with S&B mounted on a single shot JC Penney 12 Ga.
Yes, $3K+ for a scope becomes not only a new "Normal" it becomes mandatory. Truly sick!

For awhile I had a Swarovski z5 5-25X52 on an old Savage. I moved it to a six lug ultralight Weatherby because the Mark V is lighter.

I had a hard time buying a NF nxs recently after using my atacr all winter. The nxs is a fine scope, but the atacr is soooo good.
Know what you mean. I was tormented between a k525i and an atacr last time the 525 won. It's only money, just go out and make more and get what you really want.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.