Night Force scope ???????

bigbuck

I need to know what size buttler creek lens covers you guys a running on your 5.5-22x56 NF scopes ? I was hunting today in the rain and decided to look thru my scope and it was blurry from rain drops .

Thanks

I get along pretty good with the factory bikini covers.

DSC03233Small.jpg

I can't in our deer woods by the time I pulled the rubber band off the white tail would be long gone :D I hunt in thick thick woods sometimes and they will be so close that I need to keep movement to a minimum. I 'll take a pic sometime and post what some of my terrain looks like . Do you know if NF offers some flip caps like that of the buttler creek ?

Cool Pic........

No, I don't think NF offers any but could be wrong. I grew up in Iowa hunting some pretty thick stuff so I know what you mean. But I preferred to let the deer come to me so I had time. I got a whole drawer full of butler creek caps. I don't care for them so I have been taking them off and tossing them in a drawer. I will see if I have some for a 56 NXS. If so make me a reasonable offer and they are yours.

Jeff

No, I don't think NF offers any but could be wrong. I grew up in Iowa hunting some pretty thick stuff so I know what you mean. But I preferred to let the deer come to me so I had time. I got a whole drawer full of butler creek caps. I don't care for them so I have been taking them off and tossing them in a drawer. I will see if I have some for a 56 NXS. If so make me a reasonable offer and they are yours.

Jeff

Just let me know what you want for them and i'll buy them from you. Who knows maybe some of your monster Elk killing skills will rubb off on me :)

i would REALLY look at the tactical ones. They will last where the regular ones break if they open and get snagged. I have gone through two sets until I got the tactical ones.

You need 19EYE & 51OBJ

i would REALLY look at the tactical ones. They will last where the regular ones break if they open and get snagged. I have gone through two sets until I got the tactical ones.

You need 19EYE & 51OBJ

Thanks motoxono and broz for your replies.

I also just use the bikini covers, I would think if you have time to flip open butlers you would have time to remove the bikini cover.
Actually I think it is a little quicker at least for me.:D

I also just use the bikini covers, I would think if you have time to flip open butlers you would have time to remove the bikini cover.
Actually I think it is a little quicker at least for me.:D

I have had to go look for them before where I took them off and dropped them. I only use them when the weather demands it.

Jeff

How long did you sit on that skinny log ? You must be one tough Dude:D

It was snowing pretty bad. I hiked in there and was bound and determined I was staying till dark. Tough... not any more. Stubborn... yep, same as I was at a younger age. Maybe worse.:D

Jeff

I have run a layer or 2 of black tape around the middle of the tube while the bikini's are on. This way when you pull them off they just hang there as they are taped to the scope. Does not look bad and they can be easily put back on.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts