Newish to long range hunting/shooting from Helena, MT

accubonded

Howdy I'm newish to long range hunting/shooting but enjoying it immensly. I have a. Mossberg .243 win in which I shoot 75 grn V-max handloads grouping about 1/2 in at 100 yards. This primarily my yote gun but will be my kids hunting rifle when they are old enough. A 17 HMR Savage primarily squirrel and groundhog hunting. An old Weatherby 7mm mag that I shoot 175 grn nosler partion handloads. It groups just over 1/2 in at 100 yds. And I'm currently building up a rem 700 in 30-06.

Welcome, make sure to check out the shoots Broz puts on in the summer. They are great fun and there is opportunity to learn , everyone is very helpful!!!

Thanks guys. I will have to check out that shoot this summer. By then I should have the new stock, trigger, and scope on my remmy and should have time to get a good accurate load worked up and practice with it. And I will definetly take any advice and help I can get! I also am going to be putting in for an antelope tag for the townsend area.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts