Newbies ?s---------- Valdada scopes?

P-Steve-E

Finally found a site where people have heard of them.
How do they compare with the S&B, Ziess, and Swarovski scopes in clarity and being able to see at dusk?

I do know there much cheaper

krw

Hope there good! I ordered a 6x24 Friday, can let you know when it gets here.
regards
krw

sakofan

Personally, I like IOR scopes. I think they compare favorably to the top Euro's in every regard. Optically as good as a S&B I had once. And are tough as nails. They are built to take alot of abuse.

CS dept has dealt with me fairly, though they are hard to get a hold of in Colo. If you are looking for a great rep, look no further than Jim @ Quality Optics. He hangs out on this forum and others, and will plug you into an IOR...sakofan..

Jeff In TX

Can't say enough good things about the IOR scopes. I did have a CS issue that took a bit to resolve, but Jim Maloney @ Q-Optics stepped in and it was resloved very quickly.

There is no comparison between the IOR glass and the best that Leupold puts out. IOR glass is far superior to Leupold. I've owned mostly Leupolds scopes (mark 4's and VARiX-III's) in the past and when compared side-by-side to the IOR, the leupolds glass isn't in the same class and isn't as good.

I've switched to IOR over Leupolds. IOR's are just as good as the best Leuy's and far superior glass and cost less.

When you're ready to order, give Jim at Q-Optics a call and he'll take great care of you.

Magmaniac

I compared a Zeiss V-series in a 2.5-10x50 to the IOR 4.5-14x50 and the Zeiss was a little shaper and gather alittle more light, but your talking a different of $500.00 in price which that alittle bit is not worth that.IOR has a good reputation for being repeatable and very solid. There also design to handle 50cal. recoil. I would go IOR, price is hard to beat

[ 02-08-2004: Message edited by: Magmaniac ]

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce