IOR-Valdada scopes

mark300

Ihave the IOR-Valdada 6-24-50 with the MP-8 reticle. It is mounted on a Sako TRG-S in 7.82 Warbird. In my opinion as a novice, it is comparable with any of the high dollar leupolds or nightforce; as I have them on other rifles as comparison. The Valdada I have holds a zero like nothing I have ever owned, an is very repeatable, something I have had problems with the luppy and the nighforce is the past. To me, it has them all beat for the money.....

RuffHewn

I have both a 2.5-10x 42mm illum MP8, with the reticle in the 1st focal plane, in IOR tactical rings and a 16x 42mm MP8 in IOR double width rings with 6 cap screws. My M70 custom has an IOR Picatinny rail and I change scopes when the inclination or a need appears. I have never had to re-zero after the switch. Adj track perfectly on both scopes and return to prev setting exactly. Optics are as good as any Zeiss or Schmidt & Bender I have looked through. The .5 moa clicks on the 2.5-10x are not precise enough according to some opinions, and the .25 moa clicks on the 16x are to slow when 14+ moa come-ups are needed according to others, but I am 100% satisfied with both scopes and IMO they complement each other well. If I had it to do again I would still buy IOR even if the price had tripled!

Is that your scope on the G3? Unless my eyes are weak there are no threads for a lens shade. Every IOR scope I have seen were threaded and came with with a screw in lens shade.

this is just a picture from the web sight, a gentleman wants trade, me this scope for some gun parts, I normally use Leupold M4 and Shepherd scopes so I was uncertain about these. Thanks for the Info

SFC U.S. Army

Ronin Rifles

I got both the IOR 2.5X10 MP-8 and 6X24 with the MP-8 reticle also. I like their etch glass reticle better than the Leopold mill-dot and the Nightforce NP-R2. The price is also very resonable.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce