IOR Valdada ?

RuffHewn

Regarding your comment concerning reverse recoil due to the mussel break, this is exactly why a spring powered air rifle can destroy many expensive centrefire scopes.

I wonder how long a top of the line air rifle scope would last on that rifle.

Rgds

I too was interested in IOR scope because the optical quality. BUT, I heard the after sales support was very poor and scopes had to be sent back to the factory (Romania) for repair. This just scared me away from IOR. Does anyone have first hand experience with IOR warranty support?
confused.gif

[ 08-23-2003: Message edited by: thequickad ]

I bought a new IOR Valdada 2.5 - 10x42mm tactical about a yearago. Best optics I've ever had in a scope.

Now the not so good news. I had it mounted in a pair of Badger Ordrance rings which were hand lapped and torqued down to 20 inch pounds. When I took the scope out of the rings when I had my rifle rebarreled the rings pinched the tube. I sent the scope back to IOR and they told me to go pound sand. The scope function was not effected and they would not warranty the tube. They said if they could, they would have to send it over seas.

Bottom line, great optics but poor service.
rolleyes.gif

Jeff,...with all due respect,..you damaged the scope, and no company I know of will replace a ring damaged tube. I am sure they would replace the tube if you were to offer to pay for it.
wink.gif

I didn't mention, but I should have, the scope tube diameter when it was measured was not 30mm, but 31.07 mm. I couldn't figure out how I would have pinched the tube and someone on another board suggested I measure the outside of the tube. That was the reason I sent it back in. I had used these same rings with two other scopes and never had any problems with them, though both were Leupolds. It was snug when it went into the rings, but I've never experienced that problem and never gave it another thought.

Anyhow, I got blown off by the IOR and they said since there was no internal damage the scope was fine. Bottom line, I'd like to have the ablitiy to get something fixed, without having to send it back to Europe.

A little persistence and some bitching may get you a new one. Tell them that you didn't order a 31mm scope,..and you don't see why you should have to wait XX months to get it back from europe.

Just C,

Been there, done that and didn't get the t-shirt. I tried everything, dealing with them was very frustrating. There only response was that it would have to go over seas to be repaired, they wouldn't do it because the scope function was not effected and still functioned perfectly.

I love the scope as it beats all my Leup. hands down on the optics. Turrets are a bit small and suspect, but overall the MP-8 reticle is much easier than mil-dots. It's just very poof customer service which will be there biggest issue moving forward.

I know a guy at our local range with a 6X24X50 that said the reticle was out of focus or something like that. He sent it back and got a new one in 2-3 weeks. He was happy with the service.

I received an email from Chris Gilchrest who is an IOR scope distributor. I guess Chris read my post on the issues I encountered with trying to get my IOR scope repaired. Chris then called me after we exchanged a few emails.

After listening to the problems with the scope tube diameter and what I went through with trying get my scope repaired, he agreed to look into and see if there was anything he could do. He made no promises, just gave me his word he would look into it.

I appreciate the fact that he would call and discuss it and then after getting all the facts, agreed to look into it. These are the type of individuals I enjoy doing business with. Hopefully he can get the problem rectified and correct. If not, he at least went out of his way to try to help.

I'll keep everyone posted as to the out come.

Thanks Chris for taking the time to talk and work with me.

Jeff Harmon

Hi All...I too am getting an IOR scope soon.
One place to purchase an IOR product, is from a nice guy on AR, that goes by the handle Q-Optics.
He also handles Talley rings and mounts.

Im getting the Tacticle 2.5-10x42 second plane MP8 reticle, 30mm. tubes...sakofan..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>
I received an email from Chris Gilchrest who is an IOR scope distributor. I guess Chris read my post on the issues I encountered with trying to get my IOR scope repaired. Chris then called me after we exchanged a few emails.

After listening to the problems with the scope tube diameter and what I went through with trying get my scope repaired, he agreed to look into and see if there was anything he could do. He made no promises, just gave me his word he would look into it.

I appreciate the fact that he would call and discuss it and then after getting all the facts, agreed to look into it. These are the type of individuals I enjoy doing business with. Hopefully he can get the problem rectified and correct. If not, he at least went out of his way to try to help.

I'll keep everyone posted as to the out come.

Thanks Chris for taking the time to talk and work with me.

Jeff Harmon

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's people like you who make this a great place to visit... I like reading actual results of products... from what I have gathereddd, those IOR are some very good scopes for optics...
my only problem is, as good as they might be, why take a chance... I'd rather buy a Leupold with less great optics, and be bale to have it fixed...

It sounds to me like the IOR people make a good product, but when they mess something up do not want to take responsablity for it...
making a scope that is had great optics isn't going to do any good if the tube is not up to specs, great optics and a 31mm tube is still a piece of junk... never going to go one right, without binding...
They have to be accountable for a poor products...

Sounds like the IOR people have a serious attitude problem...

I'll NEVER buy any of there products...

Leupold I'll buy... good service... they make a great reliable scope, but I'll admit they need to get out of the 1980's and upgrade thier optics to the 21 century.. maybe offer 57-60mm objectivs ON A RIFLE SCOPE, not just a spotting scope..
Then we will not have to look at NF and others as a "better" alternative

scott

I met Chris at the Quantico Match last weekend and he is a stand-up guy. If he says he will look into it,..I beleive him. I also don't see what is so hard about making contact with IOR,..I looked on the website,..found a number and called. It was changed,..because the business moved,..but the recording had the new number. I called that number and spoke to the owner/importer himself. This company may be "grass roots" right now,..but I beleive their pricing relative to their quality will bring them to the front. Yes,..when you set-up an importation of a product not previously imported,...you will initially have some service problem, i.e. (shipping to Romania for service),..but the company is young,..and these things happen. I don't foresee glass that nice,..going away anytime soon. I anxiously await the 35mm tube models due out this year which BTW come with the tactical rings. All this and still ~$300 cheaper than my NXS's sans rings.

[ 09-08-2003: Message edited by: JustC ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.