Ior Valdada

I have a March 3-24x52 F ,and my Leo Mark 5 5-25x56 beats it optically at 20 and up .The March has a real picky parallax 20 and up ,not worth using past 20 if you ask me and cost alot more than my Leo
It's funny you say that. I've read the MK V couldn't keep up optically with the next lower price point. The pst gen11 Toric and Bushnell all had a better overall rating for res contrast and CA. At a far lower price point as well. Koshkin I believe did the side by side
http://opticsthoughts.com/?p=2354

I have really enjoyed using my IOR Recon for the past year in a half. The glass is great,the tracking is perfect and repeatable.
While IOR had some problems in the past,I think they got everything right with these 40mm tube optics.

You can't name one scope brand that hasn't produced bad products at some point. Hell,Everyone praises Vortex,but just google the problems that owners of their scopes have had the last couple years. Yeah,They have a great warranty,but how often are you going to have to use it?

Buying any of the top tier scopes is a safe bet most of the time,but all of them can have issues at times.

I have 3 IOR scopes and I have a top of the line ATACR C-545.
For my money I'll buy another IOR Recon long before another Nightforce
Precision Rifle Blog did a tracking test the Recon rated perfect but neither
the BEAST nor the ATACR did! Play the "name" game or buy a better scope
it's your money! A better scope with FREE rings..What's not to love?
http://www.valdada.com/4-28x50-40mm-recon-tactical-ffp-mil-mil-xtreme-x1-illum-reticle/

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/08/13/tactical-scopes-mechanical-
performance-part-1/

His thoughts on March..Not Good!
However, the replacement March scope that Kelbly.com sent unfortunately didn't follow that same pattern. In fact, while the 2nd March scope performed similar to the original, it was actually slightly worse overall.

March used to use a different MIL standard and thus the clicks would be off. They were repeatable just not what was expected. I have heard they have since switched. I use MOA anyway and mine tracks just as it should.

Found this video with Frank talking about it.

Last edited:
38oz? Almost 2.5# things a tank! Lots of features and looks badass, but on anything less than a 10# rifle, itd make one very top heavy rifle.

The march parallax past 20 works on my scope just fine and that's one of the features i really appreciate on the march. Pound for pound with the zoom range, the minutes built in the scope, great glass and the weight she cant be beat. Perfect hunting scope for me

I have owned NF (NXS) and an IOR Valdada (Crusader) I prefer the IOR. I think the optical clarity is better. Build quality of both is very good.

My impression of IOR is that their new, 40mm tube scopes are extremely high quality.

The march parallax past 20 works on my scope just fine and that's one of the features i really appreciate on the march. Pound for pound with the zoom range, the minutes built in the scope, great glass and the weight she cant be beat. Perfect hunting scope for me

My 3 year old March 2.5x25x52 SFP/MOA has performed flawlessly with heavy use. Tracking accuracy and turret feel is equivalent, and glass appears better in low light and low sun/haze conditions when compared to my ATACR's and S&B PMII. I consider the fast ration parellax control an advantage for hunting, and have not seen any issues in clarity above 20X. It has become my first choice in a compact/light weight hunting scope.

Think about all the money Nightforce spends on advertising! Every magazine every TV show. Who do you think pays for all that? You Do! On the other hand when was the last time you saw an add for a Tangent Theta scope? or a Premier Heritage GEN II?
The cream floats without them telling us how great they are!
Remember just because they push something...Doesn't mean it's true!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.