Ior Valdada

You will find guys that say they are better than a lot of the competition. They do not make anything that really makes me want to give them a try. Nightforce just works. I have a March 2.5-25 that tracks well has good glass and is very light for what it is. I have an X5 that is an awesome scope with some awesome features. I just can't get excited about an IOR scope.

check out Richard Uttings Youtube channel. I think he plays with them quite a bit.

Last edited:
Funny...I like IOR stuff better than nightforce...the ACTAR line is the only nightforce product that I find is worth the dollars for features in my opinion. I have a IOR crusader 5.8x40..glass is very good to my eye, really don't like the 40mm tube--wish hey they utilized the G3 reticle like on my bushnell stuff as I read and understand it--but it is good..my IOR is way more scope than I need but if I ever build a 50 BMG or a 416 Barrett... this will be on top of it.

I have 2 NF, at least half a dozen Leaps, some Burris, Swarovski, Zeiss, Weaver, but I have been wondering about the March and the Ior. 'Pasture always looks greener on the other side" don t you know.

I have about a year behind my March and it has been through some abuse(nothing crazy) and it still tracks and returns to zero.

I have a March 3-24x52 F ,and my Leo Mark 5 5-25x56 beats it optically at 20 and up .The March has a real picky parallax 20 and up ,not worth using past 20 if you ask me and cost alot more than my Leo

I have a March 3-24x52 F ,and my Leo Mark 5 5-25x56 beats it optically at 20 and up .The March has a real picky parallax 20 and up ,not worth using past 20 if you ask me and cost alot more than my Leo

I have never noticed this parallax "issue" people keep complaining about, and Leupolds have a reputation for not tracking after lots of use. If you feel the March is not worth the money you are definitely welcome to that opinion. I have not set down yet with my optics chart but I can tell you just shooting side by side with my Swaro I see no difference. I will most likely own more March scopes.

Yes I hear that too about Leupolds,except I have shot big game with them for last 40 years on 340wby and now 338 NM last 8 years without missing a beat.I have had most glass.Ziess,Swaro,March,Lieca,Leo,Kowa,Vortex.Maybe i got a bad March but alot of reviews dont like the parallax and I was fighting mine on a 600 yrd Muley shot this year

I have never noticed this parallax "issue" people keep complaining about, and Leupolds have a reputation for not tracking after lots of use. If you feel the March is not worth the money you are definitely welcome to that opinion. I have not set down yet with my optics chart but I can tell you just shooting side by side with my Swaro I see no difference. I will most likely own more March scopes.
Look at your field of view. It will favor the swaro a bit. Don't look through a Tangent Theta it's bad for your wealth. Supposedly the Zero Compromise Optic is in this class also. But it has not released the production version yet. I have some time behind the 8-80. It is a great optic for it's purpose but I don't shoot benchrest anymore. I would think it would be great for that and F-Class but mirage won't let you use the top end as often as people think.
I have no IOR experience and most likely that won't change in the near future.

I have 3 IOR scopes and I have a top of the line ATACR C-545.
For my money I'll buy another IOR Recon long before another Nightforce
Precision Rifle Blog did a tracking test the Recon rated perfect but neither
the BEAST nor the ATACR did! Play the "name" game or buy a better scope
it's your money! A better scope with FREE rings..What's not to love?
http://www.valdada.com/4-28x50-40mm-recon-tactical-ffp-mil-mil-xtreme-x1-illum-reticle/

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/08/13/tactical-scopes-mechanical-
performance-part-1/

His thoughts on March..Not Good!
However, the replacement March scope that Kelbly.com sent unfortunately didn't follow that same pattern. In fact, while the 2nd March scope performed similar to the original, it was actually slightly worse overall.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts