valdada hunting scope users opinions

mustard3

Hi
I need input from USERS of IOR Valdada HUNTING scopes, specifically the 4-14 X 50 or 56 models.
Reliability, repeatability,problems/pluses, etc,etc.
Thanks

Hi
I need input from USERS of IOR Valdada HUNTING scopes, specifically the 4-14 X 50 or 56 models.
Reliability, repeatability,problems/pluses, etc,etc.
Thanks
I didn't use the variables, I used the 8X and 6X models. Once they were zeroed they didn't move at all. The glass was great. If you're going to be turning turrets while hunting I can't help you there.

Bumping this post along hoping for more info from Valdada hunting scope users - there must be lots out there!!!
info please.
Thanks

Another happy fixed power user.

6x42 on a .243Win

Very, very good glass for the money.

I am also considering a high power variable for my next rifle; a .338LM.

I use the 4-14x50 on my 20TAC. Optics are excellent, turrets accurate and repeatible. Best of all is the MP8 ret - the ill dot is ideal for small animals like crows rabbits etc at 300-400 yrds.

Its a bit heavy being a tactical style scope but that said my rifle is hardly light!

A very good optic for the money and imo overall its better than the nightforce nxs I had before it. Mine is 4 years old now and hasnt missed a beat.

Helpful first post for a change!!!!

I have not posted due to the subject line stating "Hunting" I have never owned one their "Hunting" modles. But in the last year I have owned 3 of the Tactical modles. All with the MP-8 dot reticle. This reticles is awesome. I have a 4.5~14x50 on my 6br and as stated above it is great for small varmints. On the 2.5x10 I use to own we were able to shoot with good resuts to close to 1200 yards on 10x. I feel if it were not fot the fine mp-8 dot we could not have pulled this off. The other one I have owned was a 6~24x50. I did have an issue with it and they replaced it. So they stand behind their product. The glass is awesome! But I prefer my NF NXS to them. Mainly due to the turrets. I have had both the earlier and the new 25 moa turret. I hated the earlier turret with only 9 moa per turn. Why not 10??? Example... If you need 26 moa up... ok 9+9+.....aaaaa + 8 yeah that it 8... If it was 10 your last revalution would match the number needed,,, yeah... 10+10+6. The 4.5~14 on the 6br is the new 25 moa turret. It is very nice but the feel of the clicks is not nearly as poitive as a NXS. The IOR turrets have a rubber 0-ring under them. This sometimes becomes dry or dirty and the turret gets a bit hard to turn or sticky. You then need to remove , clean and lube the O-ring. I have heard of some people replacing the o-ring with a smaller one to cure this problem. But I have not tried it.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.