New, with a ?

I built that pistol in Photo Shop it is a program for editing photos so that pistol is just a dream gun right now but I am into long range pistols and may have to build it this year just to see how it will work. What kind of FPS are you getting from the 6.5-284 with 140g bullets and what powder are you using in your pistol with the 129g bullets. I am shooting a rifle in 6.5-284 and like the 140g Amax bullets it has a 1 in 8.5 twist I think I would go with a 8 twist for the pistol. Do you have a pic of you pistol you could share with us.
Crow Mag

Crow Mag, I'm getting 2900 from the 129 SST, (i'll have to check my notes at home since i can't remember what powder I'm using offhand) and that's the only bullet i've tried so far. I've got a buddy that i hunt with that's got one chambered in the 7.82 Patriot, and he's getting 3000 from a 150 Nosler.

I'm the hunting buddy that has the 7.82 Patriot in an XP-100. Just found the forum. I should have a tight-neck 6.5-284 XP-100, 17 inch Krieger barrel, H-S Stock (fully tricked) in about a month. We will see what it can do out to 1,000 once we get it broke in and loads developed. Tannel is building this one. www.gtrtooling.com
Check out his web page-he does good work! Also have a 284 Win XP-100 that I have used for everything up to elk for the past 11 years.
xphunter

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.