New Toy from Kirby!!!!

Jumpalot

Man oh man!!! Here's my new toy (338 Edge) built by Kirby!!

It's not quit finished yet, as I kept pestering him to have it for hunting season, he didn't have a chance to teflon coat it yet. Sorry for that Kirby, but also a HUGE THANK YOU!!

Here's part of the build list:
Lilja #7 barrel
Manners MCS-GAT Stock
Holland Recoil Lug
Jewell Trigger
Sako Extractor
Painkiller Muzzle Brake
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 x50 w/NP-R1 reticle

The Painkiller Brake is friggin' amazing!! The first shot I was a little nervous. After that, I realized it doesn't recoil as bad as my 270 Win. Settled down and shot 4 more into one big hole. Planning on finishing break in tomorrow and will hopefully have it ready to hunt for next weekend.

Finished break in today. Man, I just can't get this thing to shoot!! LOL!!

94 grns. H1000
CCI 250 LRM
Remington Brass
300 grn. SMK
Velocity 2824 FPS
Range 100 yds.
3 shot group

This thing will just plain shoot. I have about 5 other groups very close to this one, but they are all different loads. They all shoot to the same point of impact too. By the way, these were all shot off the tailgate of my truck and me standing.

I wanted to stretch it out a little today, but the wind started to come up. Hopefully I'll be able to get some blood on it next week.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.