new toy

j-speers

i just picked up a new rifle its a sako m995 long action in 7mm wsm with a 30 inch heavy barrel it shoots amazing my best group was .323 at 100 yard it loves seirra 168mk but the only problem is it was a bench rest rifle and the stock is big and ugly and full of shot the rifle ways about 25 pounds with out a scope anybody know of another stock that will fit on these actions and anyone know anything about these there dosent seem to be to much info about them any where

wow thats really what i didint wanna see avrage of 500$ plus 175$ for there bottom bring it to canada and get it from one of are few and far between crooked gun dealers and bam! just like that a 800$ or 900$ i mise well just build a remmy or a savage, i appreceate the help though you made me relise i get to buy another gun :D

Now... my intentions were not to drive you away from your plan. Give McM a call tomorrow and then post back here with what they say, especially if it's different than what I posted. That way others could search for this thread later and gain from your experience.

Why not remove the shot and take a rasp to the outside.

Won't mess up the bedding and the rasp results don't leave the stock too thin you should be in good shape.

You could even consider replacing the shot with bondo. I've done stranger things and they worked pretty well.

i just picked up a new rifle its a sako m995 long action in 7mm wsm with a 30 inch heavy barrel it shoots amazing my best group was .323 at 100 yard it loves seirra 168mk but the only problem is it was a bench rest rifle and the stock is big and ugly and full of shot the rifle ways about 25 pounds with out a scope anybody know of another stock that will fit on these actions and anyone know anything about these there dosent seem to be to much info about them any where

I have one in .300 WM and went through the same thing earlier this year. Send this email MPI, McMillan, and Manners.

Do you have any hunting/tactical stock (drop in or some gunsmith work) that is a suitable replacement for a factory for SAKO M995 (TRGS) in .300WM. Thanks!
The restocking cost is $850 and the recoil lug work is $200. Thanks for your inquiry.
We'll do a perfect job if you decide to have us do it.

Doc

MPI Stocks

(from MacMillan) You will have to stick the M995 (otherwise known as the TRGS) into the A5 (Winchester) stock and would also have to purchase the TRGS trigger guard from us. The stock will run you around $850 with the trigger guard and 1 hour custom work we have to perform (due to tang). Please let me know how you want it built and I can give you an exact answer. Also, as long as you send me a copy of your military ID, I can get you military pricing. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Diane Spicer

Please keep in mind, a 10% non-refundable deposit is required for non-US residents

No response from Manners.

My stock is still in very good shape. As you can see it's a bit pricey. Good luck!

V/R

Ed

Last edited:
im not sure if he has this inlet pattern for your action but if a laminate would work contact joel russo..his work is amazing

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.