New scope issue

You won't see hardly any difference on a 20 moa rail from front to back. You have to measure it with a micrometer. 25 moa is only four tenths of one degree of angle. So on an aftermarket action the difference is barely visible. Everyone thinks there is a big difference after looking at a Remington 700 rail, but it's just the difference of front to back action heights.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are dialing it the correct direction, right? Sometimes it's as simple as that, getting things switched around in your head--I had to talk an experienced shooter through adjusting the sights on his pistol the other day, and he was like, "oh, yeah...duh!"
I took my son and a friend of his to the range for a little shooting I was spotting for my sons friend he was shooting a
Mini14 or I should say trying after a handful of shots I looked over to see what the problem was the scope was mounted 90 deg off his windage was his elevation and his elevation was his windage don't know who mounted it but was good for a few laughs

My buddy had a similar issue happen with his NXS, bottomed out and would not adjust down far enough. A simple YouTube video showed him how to take the top turret off and back out the zerostop so he could twist it down further. Voila! He was able to adjust the scope further down.

I had a friend recently who argued that this is how they are supposed to be. I just said okay but it will be the first time I have ever seen it.
What works works I suppose.
I guess my friend could mount it backwards and pretend he is making long-range shots whenever he is pushed for Real Estate?

I purchased a Nightforce NX8 for my 280 Ai and even with the adjustment completely bottomed out I am still 7 inches high at 100 yards. The rifle action has a pinned 20moa rail so switching to a 0 MOA rail is not an option. I am going to put it on another rifle and will be purchasing another scope. I'm looking at a Zeiss V6 but I'm concerned I will have the same issue. Anyone else ever experienced this and if so how did you work around it?
I've heard several good suggestions here, so let me add mine. Why don't you start by calling Nightforce? They have excellent customer service. That's as simple and cheap as you can get.

The one I had pinned must have been slipped in with a hammer (LOL), you had to pry it off with some major force.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts