New Savage 7mm-08 Rebuild

I love the 139 interlocks, but for the life of me, I can't get them to shoot in my Bergara. Do t know if its the flat base thing, or what. I really would like it to shoot those, but it does live the noslers, in any weight so far.
My 308, and 6.5 will shoot them in a dot.šŸ¦Œ
It's funny how some ammo goes well with certain rifles...probably if we called the rifle maker or the engineer who designed the ammunition caliber, they would be able to explain the design and intent. I have had certain rem 700s that just like factory federal ammunition best. My 7/08 loves 139 grain interlocks but doesn't like the 162 SSTs much, tried almost everything with the heavier bullets. The 139s should do the trick though, I have a pretty hot load for the smack down next year!

Well I hesitated to post this.......some I'm sure would have let this thread fade away quietly and just not finished the story. Guess I'm not one of them, went to the range ready to load tune my new barrel only to find to my utter disappointment that the barrel is no good :( Seems when they were doing the bore that the bit they used went off course and is off enough to cancel any further work on the project. I now have the most expensive tomato stake in this part of the country. It could always be worse and there are other barrels for sure. Need to start saving for a Criterion to finish things on hopefully a better and more accurate note. Thanks to all who posted and at some point the 7mm-08 will come to completion once more. In this game not everything goes as planned :confused: I post on my guns accuracy achievements so I also post on complete failures in accuracy and judgement. Good Shooting all
Whoa. Brother, sorry to hear that. After all the wait, and excitement, just to get a bum barrel. I'd be sick for sure.
Speechless! ā˜¹
Better luck to ya. Warranty?

It's funny how some ammo goes well with certain rifles...probably if we called the rifle maker or the engineer who designed the ammunition caliber, they would be able to explain the design and intent. I have had certain rem 700s that just like factory federal ammunition best. My 7/08 loves 139 grain interlocks but doesn't like the 162 SSTs much, tried almost everything with the heavier bullets. The 139s should do the trick though, I have a pretty hot load for the smack down next year!
I hope this isnt a barrel that will not shoot FB bullets. I am ordering a box of 100 grain sierra varmint bullets soon. Kinda want to try her out on some groundhogs. Been getting some with other rifle, wanted to smoke a few with the seven. We'll see.
You all be safe!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.