7mm 08 Savage Axis. Potential!

BrentM

This little rifle I am working on has potential. What do you all think? Tested some rounds today. First time firing this rifle and am pleasantly surprised. 100 yard load development work. Just getting started.

Attachments

• 7mm08 test loads.jpg
    7mm08 test loads.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 154
I would view that as a very good omen for pretty easy load development. Not super picky for charge weight or powder. Good luck and post some targets when you settle on a load.

A friend of mine came out before season and sighted in his 7-08 Axis on my range. He is a good shot, which helps, but he had a 3/4 inch group with Hornady Whitetail ammo. It is a good gun in spite of the sucky trigger. I don't know why Savage put that crap trigger in, instead of just using their original which was very adjustable and good.

I have it just under 3 lbs right now and agree with you. My 17 hmr has the accutrigger and it was 200.00. At least this trigger is super easy to modify.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.