New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

Actually it's all about market place timing-- remington had the 700vsc, had a CA/krieger carbon barrel, hs precision composite stock offered in 223,22-250,&308 in 1999-2000 from their custom shop, sold for around 1200-1500 and was pretty light and most say under 1/2 moa, unfortunately it didnt sell well so it was a short run. Lightweight rifles weren't "all that" back then. I even saw a post from a guy that said he saw one for $900 new at a big r store back in '99. So apparantly rem beat out savage by 21 years but cf lightweight rifles weren't tacti-cool back then.

As with most things...Remington is ahead of the times and every one else is playing catch up... ;)

no, I'm saying they were ahead of the times-- CF barrels in 1999 were pretty new to the market--I'm not bashing Rem or savage (unlike some)
proof wasnt even around in 1999, they started in 2012, CA started with the CF barrels back in 1995 so basically rem was on the "cutting edge" so to speak
actually if we wanted to get real pickey, winchester had the fiberglass wrapped barrel on the win 59 back in 1960, so really they are the pioneer of lightweight fiber wrapped barrels

All I am saying is that marketing/market research is instrumental regardless of time period.

Man I want one of them in 300WSM, If you're tight with a dealer, price wouldn't be bad. I just called mine to see what its gonna be. I don't like the looks of the accustock but they work alright and it will shoot good, better than the old Tupperware jobs :) With a 12oz scope and talleys, 7lb's ready to go.

Savage 12BVSS, What is your favorite 12oz scope?

As with most things...Remington is ahead of the times and every one else is playing catch up... ;)

As it should be since they have been around for awhile but sometimes it's not how you start but rather how you finish. :cool:

The bottom-line is that, it's always nice to have more choices (new or not) to choose from. :D

Cheers!

I dont see much need for a blue printed action with savages floating bolt head and when it comes to chambering the barrel, i feel much better buying a prefit barrel from a company that specializes in barrels , not a gun manufacturer that mass produces guns . And if you dont like the accufit stock athsetics , why buy the stock just to change to something else ?
Its a nice rifle for the average joe that doesnt hold their rifles to a custom rifles accuracy standard , but even though im a big savage rifle fan , if i want a proof barreled savage , i will buy components and build my own.:)
If you own only Savages and just one Remmy, a "blueprinted" factory Sav is a different beast! The out of the box accuracy is way improved, from a less than 1MOA rifle with most box ammunition to a .5MOA or better rifle, with the same ammunition. But that doesn't matter anyway, I reload to get the most from any of my rifles, and the blueprinted models, make it that more the better to begin with. This particular 10BA Stealth will not be f'd with until the barrel is done, only mod is a way better adjustable MBA buttstock. I love the Savage, because I need what for a gunsmith, to do what I can in my own work shop, except for that one time. I purchase brand new 12FV's with a preplanned purpose of taking them apart and making them what I really want, with a better prefit barrel and a long range stock or chassis. Last I checked, this is Len Backus' Long Range Hunting Online Magazine, not the set a paper plate at 100 steps and if ya hit it, call it good enough.

Elaborate for us common folk to understand...
Well if you shoot often like this common folk guy you would probably clean it quite often. When at the range I tend to clean quite often. Every 15-20 shots depending on which one of my rigs I'm shooting. This being a lightweight hunting rifle it may not see much range work but..... to each their own. As long as I can get the bolt out easily that's all I care about. Savage has had a couple of variances to this over the years.

Well if you shoot often like this common folk guy you would probably clean it quite often. When at the range I tend to clean quite often. Every 15-20 shots depending on which one of my rigs I'm shooting. This being a lightweight hunting rifle it may not see much range work but..... to each their own. As long as I can get the bolt out easily that's all I care about. Savage has had a couple of variances to this over the years.

I didn't realize pushing a button is such a difficult task.