new rifle

fasthorse

I did some swapping and trading and ended up with a ruger m77 mk2 in .280. it has a 22 inch barrel and of course had a terrible trigger..ordered a Rifle basics trigger from midway installed that last night. went to the range today and used remington core-lock 140 grain..it ended up shooting 3/4 in sevrel diffrent groups... im not into using factory ammo but need some brass to reload with plus also to break the barrel in as this gun was unfired when i got it.. not bad pick-up for $200 cash plus a custom belt

Remington core-lock is probably the worst factory ammo on the market other than the Russian/Yugoslav stuff. If it shoots that well with it, you've got a real nice stick there at a bargain.

I did some swapping and trading and ended up with a ruger m77 mk2 in .280. it has a 22 inch barrel and of course had a terrible trigger..ordered a Rifle basics trigger from midway installed that last night. went to the range today and used remington core-lock 140 grain..it ended up shooting 3/4 in sevrel diffrent groups... im not into using factory ammo but need some brass to reload with plus also to break the barrel in as this gun was unfired when i got it.. not bad pick-up for $200 cash plus a custom belt

The rich get richer!.........:D

Congrats on a good buy on a good rifle.

lmao@ rich.....im just a poor guy tryin to get by....i was gonna build a semi custom on a mauser action but had a guy offer wayyyyy to much $$$$ for it. i like the barter system when i can get by with it...as far as the ruger is concerned this is the first 1 i ever had that shot any good and ive owned 4... im sure not gonna complain much seeing as how i was gonna build a .280 on the mauser action..this worked out ok

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.