New Rifle concerns

Must be such a relief. I thought for sure you 'toasted' the scope by firing from the 'lead sled'. Nice to see everything is fine still. Thanks for the follow-up post. Nice when things work out for a change.

Nice! Cheap ammo + lead sled = No Bueno!! Glad you worked it out.

I'm still doing load development on my CA Mesa 6.5 CM, here's my best today. MOA of .368, in a crosswind. This weekend I'll play with seating depths, but not too much. It's a hunting round so I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

• 88D8E1F8-A102-45DF-AC15-0C3E90AD9454.jpeg
    88D8E1F8-A102-45DF-AC15-0C3E90AD9454.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 92
I'm glad to hear that others on this thread have decided the Sled is no bueno. I recently shot much better from my bipod than I had from the sled, while doing load development. This is a revelation!

Here is the update. Shot a 5 round group at 100 yards off bags with Hornady 140gr eld-m.
Now that you know the rifle will shoot, try it off the sled with the new ammo, if for no other reason than piece of mind....

Buy a 50$ teslong bore scope from Amazon and check ur chamber. My 6.5 cr MPR had a chamber that was completely jacked, had lands on one side all the way to neck, other side had proper freebore. Surprisingly shot moa with Hornady match, but could never get it tighter than that.

Just took my new Christensen MPR 6.5 Creedmore to the range and put the first 35 rounds through it. Did the recommended break in procedure. Was shooting Winchester 129gr power points. Gun was completely erradic. Shooting from lead sled. Even had friend shoot it. Scope is NF ATACR 5x25x56. Everything seems tight. Even at 100yds it was 6+ MOA or worse. Didnt bring different ammo to try. I dont have a ton of experience with rifles but the ones I have have never acted like this. Any suggestions/thoughts? Appreciate the help.
Ditch the lead sled and man up it's a Creedmoor

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.